Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
102 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 100

HH56, Rich49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Advice on purchasing 41 110 Business Coupe
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Andy 41 Clipper
See User information
Good Morning Gentlemen, I have been away from the packard world for afew years after selling my Clipper. I have come across a 1941 110 Business Coupe for sale on hemmings that has sparked my interest and I am considering purchasing it. Some questions for you knowledgeable folks first. Anyone have any knowledge on this particular car? I have attached pictures. The owner said it took 3rd place Junior at Hershey and took a 2nd place in class at the National Packard Meet. He also mentioned it may have been in a Museum in St. Louis for 25 years prior to him purchasing from someone in Florida. I am trying to get a good ida on value on the car prior to making an offer. The seller has it posted for $19,500. Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on: 2017/8/17 11:10
 Top  Print   

Re: Advice on purchasing 41 110 Business Coupe
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Andy,

Sorry I can't give a guide as to price, just too far away to be conversant with that here. However, it certainly is a nice looking 1941 Packard(might be a little biased in that).

But if you do purchase it, please remember to include it in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2017/8/17 16:52
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Members may be reluctant to comment on the value of one another's Packards, so you might start following this thread backwards from here
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12534&viewmode=compact&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=2790&
looking for '40-'42 110s to get a level on condition/value for yourself. Part of the problem with these Craig's List and eBay listings is that they expire and because they are only links and not attached photos, the images are lost.

Still, you can get an idea of what's out there for what price and often with positive and negative opinions regarding authenticity, appropriate pricing, desirability.

At the bottom of the page you can choose to have all Craig's List picking posts emailed to you.

To me, it looks like a clean car from a nice neighborhood.

Joe

Posted on: 2017/8/18 6:03
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Andy 41 Clipper
See User information
Ozstatman- if I purchase it I will be sure to add it to the registry!

JoeSantana- Thanks Joe, I completely understand and agree with you on members valuing others cars. Just trying to make sure it is in the right ballpark to make a reasonable offer and good investment .

Posted on: 2017/8/18 11:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning...If the old girl runs and drives as well as she looks, then I think that it will give you pleasure. I often think that the Packard automobiles that are priced moderately are at a level that many of us can purchase simply to drive and enjoy without worrying too much about the cost.

When asked about resale, one of my friends always answers 'That is a problem for my heirs!' We, or our relatives, will see a return of a good percentage of the cost at any rate.

If the car has been in very regular use, it will most likely be pretty well maintained. If it was only used now and again to drive around the neighborhood at low speed, then things might require more repair.

Actually, mechanical repairs are easier in my most humble opinion, than interiors, body, paint and chrome...Good Luck...Enjoy...Ernie

Posted on: 2017/8/18 12:19
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
there's a very minor and common detail in the cat walks, the lack of paint in the recesses - that's trivial in both cost and effort.

It looks like there is plastic on the interior. Know what you've got there. Good original, authentic restored, period restored, polyester blend? Whatever it is, it's serviceable enough to not replace, but does impact the market price.

Posted on: 2017/8/18 14:41
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved