Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
86 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Power Brake part ID
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Fran56
See User information
Greetings,
I'm doing some cleanup on the power brake pedal and associated parts for the TredleVac unit on my '56 Patrician (painting the pedal support arm, etc.).

The pedal connects to the power brake booster using a clevis pin and the pin is then secured with a cotter pin. I have always noticed a sound (slight) of metal against metal form the pedal when it is applied and thought that Packard might have used something to eliminate that slight noise.

Just searched the parts manual and came across Group 1.3004,
part number 6489045 - Spring - Brake Pedal Anti rattle.

The illustration in the parts book did not cover this part, or perhaps I was blinded by the eclipse!

Is any one familiar enough with this part to provide me with a description of where it is located, and perhaps what it looks like? I want to see if I have it, and if not where I can find one.

Thanks very much!

Posted on: 2017/8/23 11:04
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved