Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1955 - 1956 Firewall Panel
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Is the firewall insulation panel the same between 1955 and 1956, between Clipper and Packard and between non-A/C and A/C cars?

Posted on: 2017/8/31 17:14
 Top  Print   

Re: 1955 - 1956 Firewall Panel
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
According to the parts book they are different.
https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/partslist5556/30_Body.pdf

I would guess maybe the brake pedal change between 55 and 56 might be one reason?

Apparently there is a difference between the 56 Clipper and 56 Packard?

Posted on: 2017/8/31 17:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Clippers have a patterned pressed cardboard finish, senior cars have carpet on the lower half. Brake pedal mount location and shape is a difference between 55-56 non AC cars.

AC cars have several additional holes. Two large openings for the blower and the evaporator coil connections as well as extra holes on the insulation side (which may be indicated but not punched thru the finish side) for the evaporator mounting brackets. The heater valve is different with AC so there is a changed location for the valve mounting brackets. There may be other differences but those are what I remember.

Posted on: 2017/8/31 18:27
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Thank you! I know that the panels originally had knockouts but wasn't sure if they were there for heater and/or A/C or not. I had forgotten about the carpet but I suppose it could be added to a panel if needed. In this case I was looking at a newly manufactured panel that was supposedly made from an NOS example and was trying to determine if it would fit my 1956 Clipper.

Posted on: 2017/8/31 19:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
for firewall pads and heater plenum for 55 and possibly 56, I prefer Quiteride solutions.

I worked with them on the heater plenum for my 55 and it was a good repo. you will need to reuse your flaps and flap hardware though.

Posted on: 2017/9/1 8:38
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved