Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
39 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 39

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

55 clipper hinge pin
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

dave55
See User information
has anyone rebuilt there hinges on 55 clipper,what size pins are used or part number,do they have bushings, where can you purchase this item ,thanks

Posted on: 2017/9/4 11:25
 Top  Print   

Re: 55 clipper hinge pin
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I've never repaired a hinge and you didn't mention which door so only checked the fronts. The pins were available as separate service items and the same pins were used top and bottom from 48-56. Hinges are in group 30.310 and pins are 30.312 Part # 372040. With the same pins used for that many years I would expect Kanter or maybe Max will probably have them.

The lower hinges and the upper left hinge are the same from 51-56. The upper right hinge was changed for 55-6 so it might be interesting to know what is different with just that one. I would expect NOS hinges should be available so if your hinge needs new bushings and a new pin it might not be worth the time to try and repair yours. Mike Dulinksi might also have good used.

Posted on: 2017/9/4 13:39
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
My hunch is that we are discussing trunk hinges? Been there, done that. Many used ones that I have seen were ready to fail as well. Use a shoulder bolt & a couple of washers unless you need a mint used one.

Posted on: 2017/9/4 13:45
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

dave55
See User information
sorry i should have been more specific on what hinge . passenger door on 55 hardtop clipper,I thought some of you may had run in to this problem and knew what pin set could be used for this repair ,hard to believe that because it packard that pin size would be rare or odd size .thanks for info.

Posted on: 2017/9/5 9:22
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved