Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
195 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 193

BigKev, j41157, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 352 Distributor/trans Question.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Quote:
Besides Packards in 55/56 what other cars and company came with manual transmions so I can hunt one down?

There are no direct transmission interchanges. Packard used the same bolt pattern as the pre-'65.5 Fords and '57-66 Studebakers. However, the input shaft and tailshaft are different.

Be aware, you'll need the bellhousing, flywheel, clutch disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing and fork, pilot bearing and shifter linkage. If overdrive, get all that cable, wiring, governor and solenoid.

jack vines

Posted on: 2017/11/7 11:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Thanks Jack.

Posted on: 2017/11/9 0:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Today was pretty cool I went over a man who had to shed full worth of Packard parts. He said that he took three four-door Packard cars and took them down to the frame and has been storing them to sell. He was a Packard man. Well I dug through his shed and I could not find the Distributors even though he said they were there somewhere. I did however find rims and I have a question about them. I noticed that not all rims look the same somewhere 7in wide and others were wider below is a picture of one that I measure the diameter of, he has about 8 rims. One other big question that I have is about the radiator that I should be using in my 55, this man had three or four radiators and I'm going to show you some pictures of them as well. Thanks guys.

Attach file:

jpg  (415.34 KB)
167221_5a03ebc88e15e.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (280.91 KB)
167221_5a03ec932e6a5.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2017/11/9 0:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Deskdriver
See User information
Always helpful to keep an eye on Michael Borth for used parts also

http://www.borthautoparts.com/

Posted on: 2017/11/9 1:27
[url=http://packardinf
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Thanks I didn't know of him.

Posted on: 2017/11/9 1:50
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved