Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
138 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 137

William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Brake Fluid Reservoir
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mike Hammerberg
See User information
email GVagts@mico.com
Give your location and the Mico part number and they'll locate the closest distributer. They hooked me up with one in Sacramento.

Posted on: 2018/10/18 17:04
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mike Hammerberg
See User information
Guy I purchased from was ccbvinnie@aol.com

Posted on: 2018/10/18 18:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
Any update on reproducing these or something similar. I was thinking it might be nice to have. I hate checking the brake fluid, but for peace of mind I tend to do it every time I drive the car.

I found Mr. Spreadbury in the PAC directory and sent him an email but have yet to hear back?

I guess at worst one could mount an aftermarket remote reservoir and use the Mico adapter referenced earlier to interface with the Treadle-Vac?

Posted on: 2020/10/23 11:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't expect to see that project in my lifetime and it is too bad because I think there would be some demand. If Mr. Spreadbury does not respond you can get an aftermarket reservoir that looks a lot like the one he sells and with a known source for the cap for the BTV, that might be the quicker option.

The tubing and hose to match the original is easy enough to find and fabricate although it would take some work and modern fittings might not match. I am not that big a fan of the way plastic reservoirs look so made my own setup using a cast aluminum reservoir from CNC. Because of where I mounted the reservoir on my 56, connected it with rubber hose in place of the metal tubing. Mounted on the firewall in the usual spot, it would be easy enough to use metal with the final few inches of rubber hose to the cap.

Also made a separate cover with a fitting I could use on occasion to make an easier connection to my pressure bleeder. The original cover and cap is used most of the time.

Attach file:

jpg  (31.98 KB)
209_5f93130373276.jpg 1172X576 px

jpg  (142.63 KB)
209_5f931314b69c4.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2020/10/23 12:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
Thanks so much!

Posted on: 2020/10/23 13:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
JeromeSolberg

Mico part numbers are:

33-030-032 Cap
20-920-009 Metal Reservoir

Here's a link to Mico's reservoir product bulletin. While that page shows a plastic plug, the one I received looked like a 33-030-032 cap without the threaded hole.

https://www.mico.com/sites/default/files/document-pdfs/80920001Fluid%20Reservoirs.pdf

I bought mine from Capital Clutch & Brake Sacramento, CA.
Here's a link to their website.

https://www.capitolclutch.com/

I talked with Vince Mathew. Seems that Mico will likely back order both parts. If so be prepared for at least a 2 month wait.

I also bought a nylon 'gasket' from CC&B for the cap since the fluid level will be higher. If your working with a BTV, then the reservoir cover may leak with the additional fluid head. Not a big deal, several GM applications mounted the BTV on the firewall, and had at least 1/2 of the reservoir gasket 'under water'. I suspect a new gasket will repair any leak that may result.

dp

Posted on: 2020/10/23 19:18
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved