Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

Re: Packard Parts List
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
HH56 wrote:

Quote:
...selecting a group number opens another page and on my browser it opens halfway or lower with the large blue line identifying the group number. Part numbers are front and center but you can scroll up to see the entire plate if you want.

What you described IS what I was expecting, but I was not getting that with IE11. The page opened at the top (header) and I had to scroll down to find the parts list. There was no indication that a list was there - I just scrolled as an exploration.

However, it's working (as you described) today. If not due to further revision to code, perhaps my browser flushed its cache.

Posted on: 2017/12/7 9:52
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Brian,

Probably a cache issue as I didn't change any additional code in that regards.

I have all the Part plates online back to 1930. But currently, only the 1955-56 part/group data is online. I'll post when I have the data online for each of the Part Lists, but each of those takes an enormous scanning/OCR/formatting effort.

Some notes:

I don't see a Parts List covering 1933-1934? So looks like we are missing that one.

The 1930-1932 Parts List has no group numbers, only part numbers, so more than likely, those plates will not have the Group->Part list interaction like the later ones will.

I would need someone to scan the 1930-32 and 1941-1947 Parts Lists in 300 DPI color, as I don't have an original, nor do I have a version that is of high enough quality to get passable OCR results.

I have a 1935-41 reprint, so I can scan that one here.

Because of the size after scanning of those files, they will have to go on a DVD or a USB stick drive as they will be in GB. Much to big for a CD or Email\FTP.

When I get a moment, I will go look in the tubs of literature I have in the basement to see if I have any of the other Parts Lists.

Posted on: 2017/12/7 11:26
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I don't see a Parts List covering 1933-1934?

There was none. Packard's Part List for the Eight and Super Eight was for 1933-1936. The Parts List for the Twelve was a separate item, 1932-1936 and then another 1937-1939 which also included the Super Eight. Also separate lists for RHD cars. My 33-36 Eight/Super Eight list is a dog-eared reprint, sorry but most likely not suitable for scanning.

If you check the coverage for the 1935-41 Part List you'll note that it only covers the junior cars thru 1938.

Posted on: 2017/12/7 11:33
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I went down to the basement and dug around in the eight large remaining tubs of Literature. I found a 1930-32 Parts List reprint and a 1933-1936 Parts List reprint tucked into a large unmarked white binder. Of course, this was in the very last tub I pulled out!

So, I do not need those ones scanned. Just the 1941-47 Parts List, and any of the Twelve Parts Lists.

I also found a 1924-1929 Revised Parts List.

The majority of the work in the short term will be on the 1948-1954 Parts List, as that is one of the largest, and I think is the most applicable to the majority of the userbase here. Then the 1941-47 Parts List and so-on, working backward.

Posted on: 2017/12/7 12:03
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
We have no 42 info other than for Clippers but there is a 42 only conventional body parts book that it would be nice to add if anyone has an original copy to scan or loan.

Posted on: 2017/12/7 14:11
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I can certainly provide the 42 parts list. sorry, I do not have suitable scan capability.

Posted on: 2017/12/7 14:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kev:

I understand it's low priority at this point but when you're ready for it, I have a good copy of the 1933/1934 Right Hand Drive Parts List. It covers Eights and Super Eights, Twelves were not available in RHD. It's about 12 pages and I could scan it here.

Posted on: 2017/12/9 13:10
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dave, that would be great. 300 dpi, color yields the best OCR results even on B/W pages.

Thx!

Posted on: 2017/12/10 9:26
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

I have a 1941-1947 Parts Book which includes a "Right Hand Drive & Special Vehicle Section". Its stamped by the Lattner Machine Shops LTD, 8 Hoffman Street, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. It was passed along to me by a Canadian friend to get whatever good information we could from it.

I haven't scanning equipment or capabilities but I will send it to anyone who would do it or just the needed sections. PM me if you want it to do the job.

Steve

Posted on: 2017/12/10 12:00
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I have been working hard for several years in digitizing the Packard parts books and have quite a few groups of the 1948-1954 edition done and proofed, which have been live on my Packard / IMPERIAL page for some time and I would be happy to provide the data if you can tell me the format you need. Mine is in a relational database but I can write a query to output it in any flat format of specific columns that you need. No point reinventing the wheel to do something already done! I have parts books back to 1935 and up to 1956 in case you're missing anything but odd that they all seem to skip 1942 non-Clippers.

Posted on: 2017/12/14 0:15
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved