Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 151

Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

going to look at 1936 120 convertible for sale
Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
Im going to look at a 1936 120 convertible. is there any areas I should pay attention to. This car is described as original needing restoration.

Posted on: 2017/12/8 4:30
 Top  Print   

Re: going to look at 1936 120 convertible for sale
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Make sure the wood is still good, cause having to replace the wood is going to be a major task.

Posted on: 2017/12/8 7:40
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
You are welcome to contact me for consultation. pm me for my phone number if you want to call me from "on site". I am a self professed expurt with this model. The wood in this body is limited to the rumble and trunklids. If the car is "original, needing restoration", simply add the cost of a full restoration and compare to the cost of finding a restored car. While restoration costs can vary depending on the quality of the result sought, problem is the cost of restoration often exceeds the cost of done car.

Posted on: 2017/12/8 9:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
I have restored several cars in my life and I have had more money in it then the car was worth. I know what you are saying the only thing is that I bought a few that where supposed to restored and ended up spending a fair amount of money and time on those to get those in good condition.

Posted on: 2017/12/8 9:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
Well the guy decided not to sell . I have been trying to find a packard open car from 28 to 42 but about the last 3 or 4 that I looked at did not pan out for one reason or another.But thanks for the replies the advice that I have gotten here has really helped me over the years.

Posted on: 2017/12/10 14:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Well...my 115C-1089 is for sale...

Posted on: 2017/12/10 14:12
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved