Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
138 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1934 engine
Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
I am rebuilding the engine for my 1934 320 cu in am looking for an exploded view of that engine

Posted on: 2017/12/10 10:20
 Top  Print 

Re: 1934 engine
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

NeedsRestoration
See User information
you are "rebuilding" a Packard Eight ?

and you want an "exploded" view?

There are so many places where you can find "elevation drawings" from both the front and sides of that motor I hesitate listing them all here for fear of taking up too much space and boring our "post-war" crowd! I do not recall seeing "exploded" views however.

Can you tell us a little more so we can advise you more completely & more accurately ?

Exactly what are you proposing to do ? Are you doing this yourself, or having it done by a competent engine rebuilder?

Most people have a "smart" cell phone these days that takes excellent hi resolution - good color saturation photos. Perhaps you have one & can you post photos of the areas you have questions about?

Posted on: 2017/12/10 10:55
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
In addition to the many readily available (for example, in the 1933-36 Packard Parts List) views of the motor assembly and information in the 1934 Service Letters, you might also want to avail yourself of Packard's factory blue print #MISC 1-730 titled "Motor Construction Notes" for the 1934 Eight and Super Eight engines. Available from the Packard Proving Grounds.

Posted on: 2017/12/10 11:34
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Lonny,

Yes, there are lots of resources, but if you're looking for an exploded illustration of any Packard engine like this one, which I think you are asking about, forget it.

Jaguar created illustrations like this one for every single part of the car right down to the washer, and their manuals took owners step-by-step through disassembly of every single part as well. The British Empire was vast and its sphere of influence great, so it was selling cars globally before global was in fashion. The cars needed to be maintained and repaired in places far less developed, hence a greater investment in manuals and illustrations.

If you use the resources here, take pictures as you go, and ask for assistance here when you are stumped, you'll get what you need. But, of course, you will also need professional equipment and services for some things you can't do yourself.

Attach file:

jpg  (143.75 KB)
1067_5a2d6f9cc5cd9.jpg 1077X827 px

Posted on: 2017/12/10 12:32
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
I purchased 1934 1101-718 and am putting the motor together it was totally disassembled it sure where all the parts go I have help from a shop am sending a picture of a part I do not know where it goes please help if you can thanks

Attach file:

jpeg  (191.17 KB)
5178_5a392cb2df64b.jpeg 1920X1440 px

jpeg  (191.20 KB)
5178_5a392d0b99d9a.jpeg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2017/12/19 10:15
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved