Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
85 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 81

Todd W. White, Packard Don, kevinpackard, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Need help with Brake Selector on 1934 1101 Club Sedan
Just popping in
Just popping in

Dan
See User information
Hi Gents..

A while back I had a problem with a miss in my 1101 and you were all helpful. At that time someone had a chat with me about the brake selector on this car. Well, now I have this "hissing" sound around this module. I feel like it is some kind of vacuum leak. On the back side of the module that sits on the firewall there seems to be a relief valve of some kind, almost looks like a cap to a tire stem that if I manipulate it make the noise different. I was told, I believe, that there is some kind of paper in this thing that often breaks. Anyhow, I might have it wrong. Wondering if anyone has any ideas if im on the right track and if so what is the process for repairing the module.
Thanks!

Posted on: 2018/1/6 18:16
 Top  Print   

Re: Need help with Brake Selector on 1934 1101 Club Sedan
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You probably still have the original diaphragm in the selector valve; they were made of special paper and it's probably failing. Buy a new rubber one from Brian Joseph (Classic and Exotic). Just open the unit to install.

And you might also consider checking the diaphragm in the control valve, that one was also paper. The originals seem to begin to fail at about 60 - 70 years- pretty remarkable for paper.

Posted on: 2018/1/6 18:21
 Top  Print   

Re: Need help with Brake Selector on 1934 1101 Club Sedan
Just popping in
Just popping in

Dan
See User information
Thanks much for that info.. I went to the web site and see the silicone version. SO, I take it I just take the plate off the diaphram holder attached to the firewall and install it. Ill try that first and see if it stops the issue. Otherwise, I understand that I have to disassemble the actual selector valve to replace to other ring. Any guidance for that procedure if it becomes necessary?

Posted on: 2018/1/6 19:08
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved