Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 154

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: 1941 packard 180
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information

Posted on: 2018/2/14 15:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Here's another thread on the subject from 8 years ago. This section of the thread deals with the shaft.
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=65104#forumpost65104

Extract from the thread:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2018/2/14 23:35
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

maurice desrosiers
See User information
thanks Joe and JD for the reference posts very helpfull finally i went on sleeve and new seal results no more leaks at the pump but a leak in front of left rear wheel. it seems to come thru the small space between the floor and the rocker where both steel panels are welded. On the link JD sent me i,ve seen a schema that shows a valve in the 1/4 panel and hose for the door window it correspond to the place o?l is coming out. JD you removed that electro valve if i read your post correctly is it possible for you to explain how you did get in there thanks Maurice

Attach file:

jpg  (149.65 KB)
172346_5a8706df7cd96.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (177.41 KB)
172346_5a8707067fbdb.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2018/2/16 11:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Quote:

momo wrote:
... JD you removed that electro valve if i read your post correctly is it possible for you to explain how you did get in there thanks Maurice

No I haven't attempted to remove either of the rear window solenoids. After I renovated the pump and worked on the window frames, I parked the '41 in the corner of the garage where it still sits many years later waiting for some action. I purchased a road worthy '50 and that's where I have put my efforts.

I can't really advise how to access the rear window solenoid but I suspect its location may involve removing the armrest and trim panel under the quarter window. The electro-hydraulic window system is a major PITA.

Posted on: 2018/2/18 1:34
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

maurice desrosiers
See User information
good morning everybody i finished the rebuilt of engine and installed it back in place and installed the front clip i started the engine runs fine but i ear a squeak noise around the middle of engine i mean 4th and 5th cylinder i removed both valve cover there is plenty of o?l there i removed fuel pump run the engine still noise and i noticed the squeak is going by the speed of valve lifters or camshaft not cranshaft i sprayed all valve stems with o?l as close as possible to the guides while running no change may be someone has experimented this kind of problem help would be appreciated thanks Maurice

Posted on: 2018/3/15 10:20
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved