Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
70 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 70

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Power seat experts ? Who made these for Packard.
Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
May these have come from GM? I wonder if they are consistent with the mechanisms found in 55-57 GM cars.

Posted on: 2018/3/6 19:29
 Top  Print   

Re: Power seat experts ? Who made these for Packard.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Good question. What do the motors say on them?

Posted on: 2018/3/6 20:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
We're they the same ball screw type as 1954? If so, the screws were most likely made by Saginaw or possibly Rockford, if I'm remembering correctly. I completed my apprenticeship at Ball Screws & Actuators in Santa Clara, CA back in April of 1978 and they had identical ball nuts and screw stock by Rockford but Saginaw was a competitor that also offered the same, and more frequently found in automotive applications than Rockford. As for the electric motors or gearboxes, I'm not sure.

Incidentally, whenever I told someone where I worked, the inevitable question was, "What's an actuator?"!

Posted on: 2018/3/7 13:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I wonder if there could be some Ford connection on the first electric seats. IIRC, the 54 motors had relays to operate and reverse them as did some Ford applications. In 55-6 they used a motor made by Delco Appliance. Those have the same two field coils but only one coil in use at a time to provide the reversing same as the motors used in the windows.

Posted on: 2018/3/7 13:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Worth while feedback, Guys.
Maybe I will pick one up & see if it will fit a '50s GM.

Posted on: 2018/3/7 19:05
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved