Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
132 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 129

Todd W. White, Don B, acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1947 Packard Electric Wiper Motor
Just popping in
Just popping in

Art
See User information
I have a 1947 6 volt electric wiper motor that needs a rebuilding and looking for an experienced Packard re-builder that can do the job. O if someone has one in good working condition

Thank You

Art

Posted on: 2018/3/13 12:14
 Top  Print   

Re: 1947 Packard Electric Wiper Motor
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Though it's not his specialty, you might give Jason a call and see what he says. Also you might contact Mr. Pushbutton, he's a whiz on electric motor rebuilding.

Attach file:

jpg  (84.28 KB)
177_5aa80959b7887.jpg 418X743 px

Posted on: 2018/3/13 12:24
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Art
See User information
Thanks for the info. I found a general schematic and found the wiring had been messed with several connections changed, With schematic I got the motor to run on both speeds.

Parts book lists Klixon breaker and housing has a miromold (Micro switch ?) on the side. Can not find schematic so I do not know how they function.

I tied to find who built the wiper assemblies for Packard but had no success

Any help or pictures of a complete picture of a working unit so I can check if there are missing parts to the drive housing and terminal assembly

Posted on: 2018/3/14 22:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Stewart-Warner is the mfg of the wiper assy and if it is not the same documentation you already have there is a service booklet on site you can download.https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/StewartWarnerElectricWiperService.pdf

I doubt you will find another Klixon breaker unless someone has a parts unit but with a bit of new bracket work to mount it a modern universal replacement breaker from Napa should work as well.

Posted on: 2018/3/14 23:05
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Art
See User information
Attached are pictures of the wiper motor

Attach file:

jpg  (13.44 KB)
1246_5aaad79b60e70.jpg 320X240 px

jpg  (12.86 KB)
1246_5aaad7c3ade77.jpg 320X240 px

Posted on: 2018/3/15 15:30
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Art
See User information
Found that Clipper's used a 645-H which is shown above and it is different than 645-E. The 1942 Packard 1942 manual shows the difference between the two.

If anyone has the cut on a 645-H it will be greatly appreciated

Posted on: 2018/3/17 12:18
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved