Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
142 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 140

Jack Vines, Dads 56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

electric fuel pumps
Just popping in
Just popping in

dumper
See User information
Can anyone tell me anything about this fuel pump that was added to my 1938 120. I am new to Packards but I don't think this was original. Was this a common addition? Can't seem to find anything on the internet to identify it. NAPA couldn't find it.

Thanks for information.

Attach file:

jpg  (24.92 KB)
145086_5ada8a0c757c3.jpg 288X384 px

Posted on: 2018/4/20 19:48
 Top  Print 

Re: electric fuel pumps
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A common unit from the 1950s, not original equipment on your car. I have one that I occasionally use to pump a fuel tank out. Not the type of unit you want to use on a car today, far better units available now. Some folks like the added comfort level of hqving a supplementary electric pump to prime a carburetor after long periods of non-use, and for help should vapor lock occur. Others get along quite nicely with just the factory mechanical pump.

Posted on: 2018/4/20 20:11
 Top  Print 

Re: electric fuel pumps
Just popping in
Just popping in

dumper
See User information
Thanks for the info. Learning curve is steep for me and Packards.

Posted on: 2018/4/23 19:27
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved