Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
46 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 44

Don B, Fish'n Jim, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1952 Mayfair 250
Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
Looks like it is time for me to replace the muffler in the 1952. I have not done this in about twenty years. In times past in L.A. I could just go to one of a couple long time shops and they knew what to do. Here in Vegas close to two newer muffler shops, and not sure if they know what to do. My question is should I order a muffler online from one of our vendors, or just go to one of the shops and have them order?
The pipe is also rusted out in front of the muffler so that will need to be fabricated by the shop or order online?
Thanks Todd

Posted on: 2018/5/22 16:02
 Top  Print   

Re: 1952 Mayfair 250
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
You could probably have the pipes fabricated locally if yours are good enough to use as a pattern but the muffler itself, which is round and long, would likely need to be purchased from one of the Packard parts dealers. Also, most muffler shops like to weld everything together making it difficult to replace individual pieces later on so if you want to use only clamps without welds, you'll need to be sure to stress that if taking the car in for the work.

Posted on: 2018/5/22 16:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
thank you sounds good.

Posted on: 2018/5/22 20:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Couldn't resist - me with our 250, Sunset red metallic and twilight taupe in California. Learned how to drive in this automobile. Oh, and a girlfriend too.

Attach file:

jpg  (318.22 KB)
23_5b0620815c076.jpg 1275X1920 px

Posted on: 2018/5/23 21:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
And a doggy in the car...

Posted on: 2018/5/24 8:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
My Mom's chihuahua - loved to go for a ride.

Posted on: 2018/5/24 8:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Randy,

Great picture.

Sunset red and twilight taupe is a great color combination.
I helped a PNT member put one back together.
I went to the KC meet, my 1st PAC meet.
Had a blast.
Good memories.

Posted on: 2018/5/24 11:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I know we are all Packard nuts and love these cars, but think of the people you meet and the friends you make. I have two hobbies and they both have yielded valued friendships and broadened my general knowledge in each of them. The assistance on problems and queries is invaluable. In my other hobby I have a friend in St Louis who just discovered and verified an item that had been unseen before his recognition of it. It was an item first described in 1908 and apparently only made for two years (1908-1909). Hobbies and the people in them have made my life a lot more enjoyable.

Posted on: 2018/5/24 23:42
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved