Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: My 'new" 1955 Patrician
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jeff Williams
See User information
sweet ride! Looks great!

Posted on: 2018/6/5 7:10
Jeff W
Pittsburgh
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
If you want a reliable BTV that stops on a dime like mine does now send it to Ross Miller in Parkton Md and DO NOT SEND IT to White Post in Virginia not unless you have a death wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2018/7/4 21:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Was that the 55 for sale in East Tawas Michigan?
Wes

Posted on: 2018/7/8 22:04
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

markinroseburg
See User information
This one was purchased in Northwest Oregon

Posted on: 2018/7/15 19:15
 Top  Print 

Re: My
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Redhexagon
See User information
I bought this same car in Henderson, Nevada about one year ago. It's with me in Arizona now. Thank God it's out of the Pacific Northwest. The humidity and salt air up there did enough damage to it already.

It had deteriorated significantly from the photo at the beginning of this thread. It went through a chain of owners over the last few years who were not kind to it. They would buy it, abuse and neglect it, then flip it six months to a year later to the next sucker. That happened three or four times. Somebody sanded the paint and scratched the ^@$!# out of it. Another overloaded, shorted out, and generally just barbecued the rear body harness. Darn near burned this car to the ground. It had a few rust spots that nobody had addressed and were allowed to get worse. The chrome pitted more. Clearly bad storage. Just a lot of stupidity and neglect. I've had to work hard to reverse their bad decisions. People suck. Poor thing...this car deserved better.

It is doing much better now. I have done a ton of cosmetic, mechanical, and electrical work to it. Nearly everything is fixed and working now. Some things cannot be overcome, like the crappy repaint job that somebody did to it a few decades ago and the damaged chrome, but it is overall what I would call a very nice driver condition car.

It runs and drives very nicely. A good, strong runner. I've put about 700 miles on it. It has 65,500 miles.

It is not the original colors. I wish it was. The door tag says it was originally White Jade and Topaz. The current white is actually a pearl, and the current copper is lighter and more orange than the dark brown-copper of Topaz. The steering wheel is still painted the original Topaz. It's not Sardonyx either, because Sardonyx is a pink-y non-metallic. It looks like Mojave Tan from 1956. Who knows. Clearly a custom paint job from a few decades ago. Too bad they did a crappy job prepping and applying it.

The date on the heater box is February 5th, 1955.

I would love to know who the original owners of this car were, whether they dressed like me, and whether they listened to Perry Como and Johnny Mathis while driving it like I do.

The next item on the list is new tires of the correct size so my power steering works better and my speedometer is accurate. After that it's getting these darn turbo mufflers off it and replacing them with stock mufflers and resonators. I like my cars whisper quiet.

Posted on: 2023/5/23 4:00
1955 Patrician.
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Redhexagon
See User information
This photo of me with it was taken at a car show last Saturday.

Attach file:

jpg  20230520_120814.jpg (358.58 KB)
225728_646c8354c5b81.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2023/5/23 4:05
1955 Patrician.
 Top  Print 
Like (2)

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Redhexagon
See User information
The interior cleaned up quite nicely considering it's all original. The white nylon fabric looks dirtier in this photo than it actually is. It's really pretty material with silver threads in it.

You can see the steering wheel and column are a darker color than the rest here. That is because they are still the original Topaz paint. The dash and doors were repainted along with the exterior of the car probably twenty years ago.

Attach file:

jpg  20230424_125820.jpg (344.04 KB)
225728_646c83cd69dde.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2023/5/23 4:13
1955 Patrician.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
The car still looks very nice, especially in photos. I know how you feel about mediocre paint work. That's the way mine is also, and I don't have the courage to attempt a full repaint.

It sounds like the car is in good hands now and will be well taken care of.

Since you brought up music while driving the Packard, I'm much like you. Some Perry Como, but lately it's been a lot more Elvis, Frank Sinatra, and various doo-wop groups. It's fun to cruise through town with all the windows down listening to some good classics.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2023/5/31 13:16
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved