Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
77 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 72

BigKev, Don B, Don 37, Joe, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: The Search For The Missing Packard Pan Americans (and a bit about prototype Caribbean #1)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Holllld onto your potatoes!

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe... Found another one of the missing Pan Americans... and have one beyond that in my sight! Been searching for this one for several years. And there's a lot more to the story.

Wait until you see the issue of The Packard Cormorant with the whole story. Coming later this year!

Posted on: 2018/7/28 14:05
 Top  Print   

Re: The Search For The Missing Packard Pan Americans (and a bit about prototype Caribbean #1)
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Some background on the Pan Am's from Hemmings.

Posted on: 2018/8/6 15:13
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Leeedy wrote:
For those who like Packard mysteries and info on Packard concept cars, here is something on the Hemmings Motor News Daily today...>>>https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/07/08/pan-american-the-mysterious-packard-concept-sports-car-which-way-did-they-go/?refer=news

Thought you might enjoy seeing these. And yes, they are real... and yes, they are original!

Now... whatever happened to the little triangle medallion and Henney logos that MichaelP once posted on here?

Attach file:

jpg  (464.59 KB)
1249_5b69e3c37f480.jpg 1920X837 px

Posted on: 2018/8/7 13:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
These are gold, and the ones on the car look chrome.
Is that correct?

Posted on: 2018/8/7 20:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Let the ride decide wrote:
These are gold, and the ones on the car look chrome.
Is that correct?

Which car? There were 6 Pan Americans... and keep in mind that several of these cars were modified. Pan Am #1 was hugely modified.

Anyway... the original door logos were in gold, as you see here.

Posted on: 2018/8/8 0:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Leon

Were those spare scripts in the event of damage or removed from one of the cars during modification?

Steve

Posted on: 2018/8/8 9:48
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
The picture of the modified car, looks like the script is chrome, I can't tell on the gold colored car what color the script is. The other pictures in the article are black & white so no discernible color.

Posted on: 2018/8/8 12:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

58L8134 wrote:
Hi Leon

Were those spare scripts in the event of damage or removed from one of the cars during modification?

Steve

Hi Steve...

Neither. The logos here are from a Pan American currently undergoing restoration. They are dead original, just as they were removed from the car. Very delicate pieces too! But all intact. But... it would be nice if I could get my hands on the medallions that MichaelP posted on here a few years back. Wonder where they ended up?

Posted on: 2018/8/8 18:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Let the ride decide wrote:
The picture of the modified car, looks like the script is chrome, I can't tell on the gold colored car what color the script is. The other pictures in the article are black & white so no discernible color.

Okay, all of this stuff will be covered in the upcoming article to be published in The Packard Cormorant magazine.

However, in the meantime, both the white car and the gold car were extensively modified, with the white car being the worst of the two. So I don't recommend going by much of anything you see on either of these two cars as a historical reference.

Again, the original Pan American door logo scripts were gold plated. Trust me on this.

Posted on: 2018/8/8 18:07
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

49 matt
See User information
Pan American excitement aside, what info on prototype Caribbean? Did I mention I have two different shades of green on the fenders other than the original brown green?

Posted on: 2018/8/19 20:21
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved