Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
77 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 74

Don B, Todd W. White, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: VIN verifications in California
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jason75
See User information
I first went to the DMV to register my Packard which is and always was a California vehicle and has been out of the system after the original owner parked it in 1984.

When I went to the DMV they had no record of f the car, I was very well documented with the original tile and every California registration slip from 1952-1984.

The dmv said I had to schedule an appointment with the CHP to review my car, but the paperwork the DMV gave me said it could be completed by the CHP or a vin verifier. I could tell had I went the DMV path it could have been troublesome and lengthy at best

So I Scheduled an appointment with a vin verifier and renewed through AAA and all went smoothly

Posted on: 2019/11/13 3:09
1951 200 Deluxe Sedan Valiant Green Metallic
Vehicle #:2462 8372
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
That's what many people do and is why we licensed VIN verifiers exist! Many people simply can't or don't want to take their cars, mobile homes, tiny homes, RVs, motorcycles and once even a read-worthy military tank to the CHP or DMV and wait in line with it. It goes without saying that whether you have the title or not, if it's not been registered or had a non-op for years, it will need to be verified to put it back in.

Posted on: 2019/11/13 3:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
I flagged down my local police. They did it at my place. In the dark with a flashlight.

And ran the old plates ..but DMV would not let me use them. So I'm paying 40 bucks more for their.. Retro plates.

Posted on: 2019/11/13 22:40
Riki
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved