Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
95 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

36 Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Anyone know what clutch is 36

Attach file:

jpg  (174.95 KB)
4498_5bbb0b4bc37d5.jpg 1920X1080 px

jpg  (204.38 KB)
4498_5bbb0b5fa8d95.jpg 1920X1080 px

Posted on: 2018/10/8 2:46
Riki
 Top  Print   

Re: 36 Packard
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

1935Packard
See User information
I tried attaching the picture of the new clutch I had installed in my '35 1207, but I'm getting a warning message "Protector detects attacking actions." Short version, the upper one looks right to me.

Posted on: 2018/10/15 2:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
Both are correct for all seniors 33-39 and are from different manufacturers

Thanks
James From
Kanter Auto Products

Posted on: 2018/10/15 8:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
All '33-'39 Seniors are interchangeable (Hollander's) but are not identical.

Posted on: 2018/10/15 11:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

1935Packard wrote:
I tried attaching the picture of the new clutch I had installed in my '35 1207, but I'm getting a warning message "Protector detects attacking actions." Short version, the upper one looks right to me.

Look at your photo title and if there are any numbers separated by periods such as a date or a time rename the photo to eliminate anything separated by dots. The dots could make the site think the time numbers in the example below are an IP address and the photo is trying to hijack the post to another website. There could also be other illegal characters in a title that will cause an image not to post but will not give a protect error. Sometimes a dash instead of an underscore is illegal.

This title with the time as shown will give the protect error. Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 9.15.23 AM.jpg

The same title with any string of numbers separated by dots edited out Screen Shot 2018-10-15.jpg will not cause the protect error but if an attempt to attach the photo had been made with the original title it may be necessary to start the reply post again to clear all of the first attempt rather than just edit the photo title and try again in the same post.

Attach file:

jpg  (71.76 KB)
209_5bc4cb3ae99d7.jpg 1018X850 px

Posted on: 2018/10/15 12:21
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Thanks all.

The guy at shop said the more springs better feather..

Which translates to smoother shift.

Top one is done. But having other done to. I think the upper is from a 37.

The green one I marked 36 looks like it been in use ..

My dad was good a marking things. But this. Didn't get it.

But the upper looks heavier duty.

Posted on: 2018/10/15 17:44
Riki
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
I find it odd that the passenger door handle has the key lock.

Posted on: 2018/10/18 11:07
Riki
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I find it odd that the passenger door handle has the key lock.

Not odd at all, in fact that was very much the industry standard or norm for many of the early years, it just seems odd to you as you tend to think more on later cars. It was considered potentially hazardous to get in and out of a car any more than necessary on the driver's (left side) due to traffic on narrow roads, common behavior was to enter and exit the front seat from the passenger side and hence that's the side that had the lock. Take note when watching old B&W movies from the era, often the driver enters on the right and slides across, or exits on the right side.

Posted on: 2018/10/18 11:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
This has come up a few times before and apparently more than one mfg did this. The thinking was that for safety passengers were encouraged to enter and exit the passenger side next to the curb so that was the door to be locked after the driver slid across or walked around rather than standing in traffic. Maybe it was different then with narrow streets and crazy drivers or something else encouraged the thinking but I guess inconvenience was not a consideration.

Posted on: 2018/10/18 11:25
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
+ its a lot easier for us big old men to get in and out.

Posted on: 2018/10/18 17:02
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved