Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
48 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 48

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Advance Electrical Re Builders
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pat and Melanie Westerkamp
See User information
Does anyone have anything with Jason at the present time??? If so for how long??? I understand his work is top quality!

Posted on: 2019/1/19 11:39

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Re: Advance Electrical Re Builders
Home away from home
Home away from home

56Clippers
See User information
While I don't have anything with him at the present time, he did rebuilt the Autolite distributor for my '56 Clipper. It looks good and works well. He had it for 10 months from Sept 2016 until July 2017, It was waiting in line for the majority of that time. I do not have the actual time split between being in line and being rebuilt.

Posted on: 2019/1/19 15:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

AJS
See User information
Jason rebuilt and Restored the generator for my 1935 Senior Eight. It took a few months but was well worth the wait.
Andy

Attach file:

jpg  (203.58 KB)
81104_5c438a6464d48.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2019/1/19 15:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Andy WOW looks awesome. I have a few things with him now. But close to a year turn around is a long time for future stuff. If i want to drive Bonnie this summer this wont work!! Now i wonder if everyone elses turn around time is about the same?????......i still need to do the starter, it works but is old and i dont want to start driving and have the starter go out. I have my dash clusters at Wolfs we will see how long it takes him to go through the cluster.

Posted on: 2019/1/20 8:46

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I have been recommending Jason for many years now, he does superb work. But if you are in a rush to get your starter done and don't also need the beautiful cosmetic finish that Jason will give it, most good-sized towns have an alternator/starter/generator shop that can service your starter probably in a one-day turn-around, there is really nothing unique about it and service parts are available.

Posted on: 2019/1/20 12:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
I don't have a problem with AER's quality of work or appearance of the completed part....But,
2 years ago I sent a vacuum advance in November and did not get it back until the following February. Would pay more for a faster turn-around.

Posted on: 2019/1/20 13:04
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jason Smith
See User information
Hi folks! I'd love to stop here to defend my turn around time, but honestly I can not. I am not your typical starter, generator shop. I do a lot of the really old, rare and unique stuff and specializing in that along with attention to detail has done well for my reputation. However, It has really taken its toll on my back log of work. I am a one man shop and do all the work myself. I simply can not run out and hire someone off the street to work on this stuff without sacrificing quality. Trust me, I wish I could. The problem has really peaked the last couple of years and I have struggled to find the solution. If you think it doesn't bother me or cause me stress, trust me it DOES. More so than you can imagine! I have made it a priority to find a solution and get that turn around time back within reason, but I will need a little patience while I get that worked out. I do apologize for the slow turn around. At the same time, I really want to give my thanks to those who have recommended me and that have spoke highly of the service I provide. The Packard family here is right at the top of the list. Like I stated in the beginning, I'm not defending my turn around time. I am however asking for a little patience and understanding.

Pat, we have emailed back and forth recently and your generator is on the bench being evaluated right now. I told you I'd have your estimate last week and unfortunately the stomach flu hit my household. Your generator arrived the first week of Novemeber, so we're a long ways away from a year and it will be completed soon after I get you an estimate and you give me the go ahead.

Thanks Everyone,
Jason

Posted on: 2019/1/20 19:29
Jason
Advanced Electrical Rebuilders
Starter, Generator & Distributor Restoration
jason@aerrebuild.com
www.aerrebuild.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Jason, thats cool and pretty stand up of you, i appreciate the honesty thats hard to find now days. Based on your response you can have the rest of my business, and please dont sacrifice the quality and attention detail for a faster product on anything you do. Im merely trying to plan ahead so i can drive my car this summer.

PS i sent you a PM

Pat

Posted on: 2019/1/21 17:11

Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

jt34
See User information
Jason worked on my generator for the 34 I have,, he did a excellent job in a about a 3 month time span, it was a complete rebuild. I recomend him highly.

Posted on: 2019/1/21 19:21
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Stephen Templeton
See User information
Jason currently has my Owen Dyneto Generator for my 840. He came highly recommendeded, so I'm looking forward to have a working and beautiful generator!

Posted on: 2019/1/23 18:09
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved