Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
142 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 141

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

56 Windshield washer
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The discussion in another thread about a possibly different fill cap for the BTV in 55-6 AC cars reminded me of another item that was supposedly going into production. At least this one has some Trico documentation but I have never seen one installed.

About 5 years ago a windshield wiper control switch was offered on ebay. I believe it was Ficken that had the item and it was a dash control for operation of the wiper motor and washer in a 56. The wiper part was identical to the production item but the control has a completely vacuum operated windshield washer section instead of the electrical switch that operated the solenoid valve used on 55-6 models.

Paper tag on the switch would indicate it could have been released in time for late 56 production but probably intended for 57. Just wondering if anyone knows if it ever made it on a car or if anyone has ever seen a completely vacuum windshield washer on any 56 car. The washers from 48-late 53 were all vacuum but 54 on had an electrically operated solenoid valve to start the vacuum operation in the washer pump.

Anyone have any theories on why they would have gone back to something that would seem to be a step backward? One reason might be it was cheaper compared to the electric version but that seems a stretch for a premium car.

Attach file:

jpg  (150.38 KB)
209_5c7ab0425f18d.jpg 1600X894 px

jpg  (194.62 KB)
209_5c7ab051dbfe5.jpg 1600X1066 px

Posted on: 2019/3/2 11:37
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved