Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 135

JW49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

need 1941 160 hood center strip
Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
Well still assembling the 1941 160.I have been able to make every part that I needed. But the hood strip that holds both sides of the hood together is missing.If anyone knows anyone who repros that part let me know.But if anyone can send measurements height length width and a picture of the end to show me how it should be bent would be great.Or if anyone knows who may have a used 1 for sale.If someone has 1 that is not useable and is willing to cut off 1 or 2 inches and send it to me I would be willing to buy that so I have some to measure

Posted on: 2019/3/10 9:08
 Top  Print 

Re: need 1941 160 hood center strip
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The center hood strip is, as you mentioned, also the hinge for the two hood panels and as far as I know has never been reproduced. I have one from a 120A (this model always had senior trim) but it is not usable as one end is damaged so your best bet is to contact the various Packard dealers to find a used replacement.

Posted on: 2019/3/12 11:10
 Top  Print 

Re: need 1941 160 hood center strip
Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
Thanks for the help I have located 1. I also found out that kanter has reproduction 1940 hood hinge strips incase anyone is looking for 1 of those

Posted on: 2019/3/12 15:12
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved