Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
191 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 191

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Fan Belt remove
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

M. Heinzen
See User information
Hello, I search a Fan Belt (Dynamo- Ventilation, without air condition) Partnumber 5.1929. I saw Brands of Gates or Fenner they are also okay? What's your recommendation?

Matthias

Posted on: 2019/3/31 15:29
 Top  Print 

Re: Fan Belt remove
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Since you are posting in the V8 forum am assuming you are working on a 55-6. Gates is a respected brand in the US but there are many others that are also good. I'd say it is more a matter of what is available at your parts store than which brand might be better. Given many choices you can't go wrong with Gates.

The parts X-ref which you can reach from the main menu on the left lists two modern part numbers others have used in replacing 55-6 belts. One is a Dayco 15565 which crosses to a Napa PBH 15565. That length is given as 57.25 inches or 1454mm. The other is a Gates 7570 which Napa crosses to a PBH 15570. That length is 57.75 inches or 1466mm. Both are 36 degree 10mm wide belts. Either should be OK but if you have a choice I would opt for the shorter length as the extra 12 mm on the longer belt may need the generator to be near the maximum of adjustment.

Posted on: 2019/3/31 17:15
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

56Clippers
See User information
Continental still lists belts on their web site:
http://www.showmetheparts.com/partfinderelitemobile/
The fan belt is the 15574. I have it installed on my '56.

Posted on: 2019/3/31 17:46
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

M. Heinzen
See User information
Thank you for the Information, that was very helpful.
Matthias

Posted on: 2019/4/1 0:32
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved