Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 164

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

rear load arm link cushions (bushings)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Clippered
See User information
Does anyone know a source for the round cushions (bushings) that go between the rear load arm links and the hangers (that look like spring shackle hangers). The parts diagram is a little confusing. I ordered 15.989 from Max Merritt, but that's not what I need. Is it the 15.9873? I can't find that part online @ Kanter or Max Merritt.

Posted on: 2019/4/16 18:12
 Top  Print 

Re: rear load arm link cushions (bushings)
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not sure what part you need. There is gr 15.987 part # 445926 which is called a seal and only used on 55 models that may be the part you are thinking of. I did not see it in the parts manual illustration. Max lists that part as a front seal at $3 each so there is a bit of confusion between his listing and the parts book unless the part was used in both places.

If Kanter or Max doesn't have it or that is not the part you need making your own out of urethane rubber or finding something universal that would work is probably be the only other option. Steele Rubber does not show it so it has probably not been reproduced.

Not sure how important a part it is since it was eliminated for 56 but since it was 55 only it may have been to keep water out of the load cups. That was an issue on 55s and for 56 the orientation of the load links was reversed so the cups were upside down and water could not collect in them. That change and a slight regrind of the profile makes 55-56 load link parts not interchangeable.

Here is a better drawing of the 55 setup minus any seals. If what you need is something else this has the part numbers or maybe you could identify or draw in where it fits and what it looks like so someone else might have an idea of where to find it.

Attach file:

jpg  (108.07 KB)
209_5cb66edb17787.jpg 1275X1647 px

jpg  (13.67 KB)
209_5cb6711bb2d84.jpg 1214X136 px

Posted on: 2019/4/16 19:10
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved