Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Source for Air Vent Hose - 1951
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I've been on-line and can't seem to find a source for the air vent hose on my '51. It measures out at ~4.75". Anyone out there have a source or something that I can use?

Posted on: 2019/4/20 16:42
 Top  Print 

Re: Source for Air Vent Hose - 1951
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If no luck with a lower cost aftermarket supplier then Max has it listed and sells by the foot.

Posted on: 2019/4/20 18:17
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Dwight Heinmuller also lists it as available.

Posted on: 2019/4/20 18:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Not completely sure if what you are looking for is the standard, black, cloth-inserted neoprene dipped ducting found in almost all older cars, but if it is, Flexaust manufactures it in the US and Flexmaster makes a virtually identical product as well. Flexaust's offering is (or used to be) called CWC for single dip and I think it was CWY for douple dip. (2 dips of neoprene) Flexmaster: AF-1 and AF2. Is this what your ducting looks like:http://www.flexmaster.com/productcart/pc/Novaflex-AF-1-66p595.htm
I know at one point when I was still in the biz, Flexmaster even used to make it with flared cuffs for going from one size to another, say 2" to 2 1/4". Any hose house would stock this by the foot. Chris

Posted on: 2019/4/20 19:28
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Oh, and Marston, while you're digging around on the ducting, be sure and ask about 'bridge clamps'. They are neat versions of gear clamps that 'bridge' the helix wire of the duct and seal only on the fabric - far superior to standard gear clamps when clamping anything with a ridged exterior helix. Not expensive either.
http://www.flexmaster.com/productcart/pc/Bridge-Clamps-75p735.htm

Posted on: 2019/4/20 19:34
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved