Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1941 110 Front Engine Mount
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pat and Melanie Westerkamp
See User information
I looked at the front mount today, i understand too remove the 2 bolts on the bottom legs....but i am a little stumped by the top rectangular hub. When i take the bottom bolts off the bottom should the top just slide off....Thanks for any help.

Posted on: 2019/4/21 17:45

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941 110 Front Engine Mount
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A couple of ways to do it. The top hub as you call it should be a rectangle, not a square, and containing two bolts that retain the steel/rubber mount. First, make sure the motor is supported and slightly lifted from beneath, for example with a jack and broad plank of lumber under the front of the oil pan. Then remove the two bolts holding the mount to the block.

Posted on: 2019/4/21 18:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
My bad yes it is a rectangle.....didnt see the other 2 bolts holding the mount to the block......but i have not scraped the .5" of grease off the mount either, im sure the bolts are under there.......Thanks Owen

Posted on: 2019/4/21 18:58

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Pat, you probably already have the rubber mount set, right?? There is a rectangular protrusion on the block, (see pic) and one half of the set fits over that. You only need to loosen the big bolts holding the 'arch bracket' to the frame as, once loose, it will rock back and forth enough that you can remove the old rubber cup from the block. Attach the new one and push the bracket back in place, insert the other half from the front and push the metal 'can' inside the front mount half and start the two bolts that sandwich the whole assembly together and affix it to the block. Go back and forth when you tighten them so you squeeze the mounts together evenly. (they will eventually bottom out) Tighten the frame bolts on the arch bracket and you're done. As Dave (Owen_Dyneto) instructs, you want to have the engine supported during the process, but 'just' take the weight off when you jack it up, as if you over-lift it, the mounts won't line up. Chris

Attach file:

jpg  (164.03 KB)
121627_5cbd03c232bf5.jpg 1920X1280 px

Posted on: 2019/4/21 19:11
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Pat, one thing I forgot to mention, is if you DO decide to completely remove the support bracket (maybe to clean and/or do some painting) then watch for a couple of spacers under the bottom 'feet' of the 'arch bracket'. Yours may or may not have any, but mine did and you'd want to get them back, as they were, when you reassemble. In the grease and the muck and the mire, it might be easy to miss them!!! (80 years of it, right!?!? LOL)

Posted on: 2019/4/21 19:45
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Newbie, Thanks for the picture it is worth a "1000 words" now i know where too look for the 2 bolts......and thanks for the heads up on the spacers. The rubber mounts should be here tomorrow, but i have a lot of clean up and painting to do before i put it all back together. The engine is supported by the jack and a 2x6 so i should be ok.

Posted on: 2019/4/21 20:15

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Pat, here, for what it's worth, is an 'after' picture; might be of some reference help - maybe not...........

Attach file:

jpg  (287.57 KB)
121627_5cbd2b112e7e9.jpg 1920X1280 px

Posted on: 2019/4/21 21:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Packard Newbie, has your Packard been converted to regular tube shock on the front? Did they just leave the lever shocks in place on the top?
John

Posted on: 2019/4/21 21:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
John - see 'shocks' in reg. post, so as not to hijack this thread.... Chris.

Posted on: 2019/4/22 0:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Pat
You might want to visit the blog I've created on all the work I've done to my 1940, some of it giving "HOW TO" step-by-step instructions. While we have two different series, much of the work that needs to be done on each car is exactly the same.
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

Posted on: 2019/4/22 6:48
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved