Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 108

Aiden, Don B, Spencer B., Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1956 Clipper Wheels
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Instead of powder coating, I suggest getting them sand blasted and painting them with a single phase enamel (after being painted with primer). That way you can do minor touch ups. I had the rims on my '70 Vette powder coated and touch up is not an option. In addition. painting cost less especially if you can shoot them yourself.

With careful masking, you can paint the rim with the tire on

Posted on: 2019/6/16 2:06
 Top  Print   

Re: 1956 Clipper Wheels
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
That's what I would have preferred but was not an option with the shop doing it and it's really too rural here to run around to several shops. Until I get power to my shop, I'm afraid that I'll have to rely on outside services for even the simple things! It's not expensive, though, so could be redone if needed although I suspect that at least two more wheels might have to be replaced as the edges where it sat sunk into the ground for years took their toll on the steel and they didn't think they could fix them.

Posted on: 2019/6/16 2:17
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved