Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
124 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 122

Charles, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1940 heater hose "y" connector
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gar
See User information
I am trying to determine the correct size of the Super 8 Formal Sedans heater hose "y" connector. It looks like 5/8"x5/8"x3/4" but I connect tell for sure.

The 5/8" side feeds one of the back seat heater core in the rear of the car, the 3/4" feeds the dash core and the other 5/8" goes to the radiator.

Currently these "y"s are plastic so I am looking for a more period correct connector. Maybe brass?

Posted on: 2019/6/26 16:37
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940 heater hose "y" connector
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Am curious if both Y or tees are located in the engine compt and are both plastic? The Packard two unit heaters I have seen were plumbed in series starting at the shutoff valve in the head and going to the front heater, out of the front to the rear heater and then back to the water pump return. All used 5/8 hose so wonder if the Y setup was needed for a different front heater and is something only for formal sedans or was previous work done and the Y plumbing was added instead of the more common series configuration.

McMaster-Carr has brass tees in 5/8 or 3/4 but not Ys or the combo 5/8-3/4 configuration you mention.

Posted on: 2019/6/26 18:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved