Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
137 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Transmission rebuild service
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Jim Zyduck
See User information
I have a 54 gear start tranny, live in River Falls WI and searched all over for someone who could rebuild the unit. After searching all the forums and going to various shows talking to Packard and Studebaker owners and countless leads I was eventually led to Dave Auto and Transmission right here in my hometown.

I stopped in, talked with Dave (super nice guy) and asked about working the tranny. He led me to a book case right behind his counter and showed me a vast collection of hardbound Packard manuals and stated he has a lot of experience with them.

Since there were not many good options at a reasonable price in the Midwest I went for it.

I just got it back and put around 80 miles on the rebuild thus far. All is great to this point. The cost for the Kanter parts and labor came in under $2000, well under any other option I have found. It did take a bit of time for them to get the work done but so far it was worth it.

If you have a need for work I would recommend Dave's shop. If you have a need but are nervous with someone new check in with me this fall, next year or down the road.

Ducky

Posted on: 2019/6/30 8:21
 Top  Print   

Re: Transmission rebuild service
Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Awesome to know.
And you had better drop of a good bottle of Scotch for that guy. Maybe a case, you got off easy!

Posted on: 2019/6/30 19:28
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved