Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
106 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Henney Brake Cylinder Rebuild Kits and Hoses
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Maybe this will prove useful, both 2413 and 2513 listed. I believe I still have all the individual catalog pages as well if you want further detail.

UPDATE: In consulted the individual part number pages and they show:

Master cylinder bore: 1-1/8"
Wheel cylinder bore, front: 1"
Wheel cylinder bore, rear: 1-1/8"

Attach file:

jpg  (245.29 KB)
177_5d385bdba8fe2.jpg 1548X1625 px

Posted on: 2019/7/24 8:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I'm making some headway with the numbers.

For brake hoses, all 1948 through 1954 Henney-Packards use the same one front and rear which is the same as all 22nd and 23rd series passenger cars. It is Napa number UP 4497.

For the cylinder kits, the only one I've confirmed so far is for the master which is Napa UP 137 so please ignore the Dorman number that I posted earlier. The original Wagner number for the master assembly itself was 2539 (thank you Mike Dulinski for looking at yours and providing the number!) but I have no new replacement so far.

In list format
Hoses front and rear: UP 4497
Master kit: UP 137 (1-1/8" bore)
Brake light switch: SL 138

Dave (Ownen_Dyneto), the Henneys had 1-1/8" front and 1-1/4" rear brake cylinders which is per the 1950 Packard Service Counselor.

Posted on: 2019/7/25 21:03
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks for the info, Don. I was only relaying info from the Wagner Master Brake Catalog, be it right or wrong.

Posted on: 2019/7/25 21:20
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
Thanks for the info, Don. I was only relaying info from the Wagner Master Brake Catalog, be it right or wrong.

Dave, No problem, it's all great information and it could also be that the Service Counselor is wrong although the sizes do ring a bell from when I did the last brake work on them in the '80s! Do you have the catalogs for other years to 1956? Might come in handy as I try to get my cars roadable again after decades of disuse.

Posted on: 2019/7/27 13:31
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
My Wagner master brake catalog is 1952 and back.

Posted on: 2019/7/27 19:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I've still not gotten Napa (or other modern) replacement kit numbers but I'm going to my shop next week and will try to match them up in-person. Once I do, of course I'll post the numbers here. I'm not sure how far I'll get on the brakes as the hugh 14" rear drums are difficult to pull and before I can even try I've got to install the driveshaft and rear end.

Posted on: 2019/8/22 13:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
If your master cylinder is 1 1/8, front wheel cylinders 1 1/8 and rear wheel
cylinders 1 1/4 here are the Wagner repair kit numbers and the Raybestos
repair kit numbers.

Wagner master cylinder kit F3631 Raybestos kit WK25
Wagner front wheel cylinder kit F13620 Raybestos kit WK36
Wagner rear wheel cylinder kit F5355 Raybestos kit WK54

Good luck

Posted on: 2019/8/22 16:38
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Thank you! The Raybestos numbers directly translate to Napa numbers as UP 36 and UP 54, both in stock. By the time I get to my shop next week, all kits including the master and hoses should be waiting so we'll see how much I'm able to get done, especially if it's hot there as it often is this time of year.

Posted on: 2019/8/22 17:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Just a footnote, I went to order the master kit to pick up at the Napa near my Terrebonne, OR shop and was told that the shipping was going to nearly double the price! For something that weighs only a half pound, that was ridiculous and no options for standard mail so I cancelled the order and bought it locally in Santa Clara, CA. Even with sales tax (Oregon has none) it was cheaper. The wheel kits and hoses where ordered from other sources and are at the shop waiting for me.

Posted on: 2019/8/23 1:28
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
New cylinders are also available and here are the original Wagner Lockheed part numbers followed by modern replacement numbers for the front.

Left side
Wagner Lockheed FD4541
Raybestos WC-9340
Napa UP 9340

Right side
Wagner Lockheed FD4542
Raybestos WC-9341
Napa UP 9341

Another footnote is that I had a surprise yesterday when I pulled the driver side front drum. There are no brakes there at all other than the cylinder! I had forgotten that I borrowed them for another Henney along with those on the other side. I rebuilt the cylinder driver side cylinder while waiting for the needed parts to arrive but unfortunately the passenger side cylinder is cracked so must be replaced.

The photo shows what I found.

Attach file:

jpeg  (197.16 KB)
60923_5d6b2a71b7fc7.jpeg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2019/8/31 21:17
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved