The Most Comprehensive Free Online Reference for Packard Owners
Become a member of Packard Motor Car Information, right now! (it's free)
Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who's Online
46 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Packard Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 46

more...

wanted sunvisors
Home away from home
From sw, pa
Hi I'm looking for a set of inside sun visors for a 1946 Packard 6 Clipper. Do the 1948-50 sun visors also fit??

Thanks John

Posted on: 7/20 9:09:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: wanted sunvisors
Forum Ambassador
From Fresno CA
The actual complete visor assy depended on trim code so while they might fit some would be in horrible color combinations or have different treatments including chrome bits which are one some but not others. With new upholstery that is not a big deal so I would say yes, for the most part those for closed cars are interchangeable and maybe even thru 54. Convertibles have different brackets and I believe different shapes so are not.

The bracket and arm is what is interesting and I don't know what if anything might have changed mechanically. 21st seniors use one number for right side and another for left side so one of each per car. Those brackets are chrome finished. There are different numbers for prewar and lesser 21st models. Again, one for each side. No idea the difference but I suspect it is only finish.

22nd thru 54th senior cars use the same chrome bracket as the 21st right side number and a quantity of two for each car. I believe appearance and function wise the only difference in brackets is the color of the bracket paint on the lesser models vs chrome on seniors. Not sure what changed to go from a side specific application on 21st series to a bracket that works on both sides for later models but kept the same part number. I think a visor from a later senior car would seem to be able to work in a 21st and probably those from a junior car would too but I didn't dig deeply into those part numbers.

Posted on: 7/20 10:46:05

[Advanced Search]

Search
Recent Photos
Random Photo
1903 Model F
Helping Out
PackardInfo is supported and funded by user donations. If you would to help out by either donating content, or funds to help with the upkeep and hosting of this site please EMAIL ME or click on the donate button.