Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
118 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

fog lites
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Is this a PACKARD fog lite for 55-56????/ The recent accessory book added to this website does not show any fog lites. I have never seen nor heard of any evidenceo for information regarding the 55-56 fog lites.

What i really need to know is where to drill the holes in the front bumper. This is where I TURN PURIST. I have always hated to drill or mutilate any oem parts in any way so i's like to get the holes for mounting the lites in the rite location. Would there be any nomenclature embossed on the lite??????

Attach file:

jpg  (25.86 KB)
35_4988ffe2e73ef.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2009/2/3 21:39
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Re: fog lites
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't recall ever seeing anything either on fog lights but have seen several cars with them mounted pretty much like this.

Attach file:

jpg  (61.15 KB)
209_4989084386902.jpg 800X555 px

Posted on: 2009/2/3 22:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Yes, i have a few club publications around here that show the fogs on members 56's. They closely resemble the two i have. In the club pics they are mounted similar to the pic u showed above but seem to be wider spaced.

I'm also wondering about factory dash switch or maybe they were wired to the dip sw.

I need fog lites. Hate to drill holes. So i want them RIGHT.

What does the PAC or PI or anyones Judgeing Rule Book say about fog lites and where to drill the holes for 56's ?????

Posted on: 2009/2/3 22:25
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The only reference I see to fog lights are pre 51 so wonder if they just kept the same style and changed bulb-or even if officially offered other than by dealer who might have bought whatever he wanted.

As to switch, I'd almost bet there was some type of under dash thing--maybe a small housing that screwed into the lower lip with the switch facing the driver or maybe even something mounted similar to torsion level switch. Doubt they would have drilled into the dash face.

EDIT the fog lights on the 56 I referenced above almost look like Kanter's because of the crest on top.

Attach file:

jpg  (13.99 KB)
209_49891026b1f26.jpg 351X387 px

jpg  (6.93 KB)
209_498912b292731.jpg 190X166 px

Posted on: 2009/2/3 22:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Since you want have fogs and they are not a legitimate accessory, it doesn't really matter how you mount them, they'll be incorrect anyway. So you might as well just pick a location that looks good to you and is functional.

Posted on: 2009/2/3 23:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
What criteria is used to determine legitimate accessories???? Must appear in the dealers 56 accessory cataloug otherwise not legit??? I really don't know.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 7:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It's not like we had a lot of criteria to choose from. My opinion is that "legit" accessories are those listed in the accessory catalog or in the parts book.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 9:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
i don't have any 55 bumpers to look at. I know the 55 torpedoes set set closer to center line than 56 and mounted different than 56.

So, i'm wondering if several pics i've seen of 56's with fog lites actualy have a 55 bumper, reworked for 56 torpedoes and the hole for the 55 torpedoes utilized for fog lites???

Of course, the 56 Carib above would not fit this scenario becaude the fog lites are setting much closer to CL than the 55 torpedos would have been located.

Posted on: 2009/2/9 19:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The bumper halves bolt together but upper bumper bar was different between years and has only the hole for torpedos in the correct locations--no extras.

Posted on: 2009/2/9 20:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Gerd, I could raise so much hell with one of those!!

Posted on: 2009/2/9 21:10
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved