Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
191 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 188

Dennis Miller, Don B, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Where did my packard come from?
Just popping in
Just popping in

NDPacMan
See User information
I have an early 1939 Packard six, SN 1282-8929, delivery date on the firewall plate is Mar 19, 1939, it and the ignition key are stamped GWYN. Where was this car sold and if possible, to whom?

Posted on: 2019/8/7 18:06
 Top  Print   

Re: Where did my packard come from?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Hello NDpacMan,
If what you have described is all the information you have about the car I'm pretty sure your ?'s are unanswerable. About the only way you'll get info is to trace/contact prior owners. There might be receipts,notes supplied with the car to at least get you to the last owner.
Perhaps someone else has a few suggestions. Hope this helps.

Regards
Steve

Posted on: 2019/8/8 10:41
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
As already said, if no information was passed along from the chain of prior owners, your chances are slim to none.

I have a very limited collection of original sales records from the middle 1930s to the early 1950s from 8 or 9 dealers, data on only about 1000 cars out of around 1.5 million sold. So the chances are super slim but if you give me the theft-proof number I'll check for you. Surprisingly, I have had a few hits over the years.

Posted on: 2019/8/8 14:30
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

NDPacMan
See User information
489387 is the theft #. I was hoping to find the original dealership based on the info on the key and data plate. I can go back two owners to supposedly the original owner, now deceased. It belonged to a funeral director in Iowa and no one in the area remembered him not owning it. He died at 101, 6 years ago. He donated the car to the local car club and I got it from the last guy who raised his hand at the auction.

A dealership directory would be wonderful.

Posted on: 2019/8/8 16:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'll check on your number tomorrow.

From the menu bar on the left, select Packard Dealerships. There is also dealership info on The Packard Club website.

UPDATE: Sorry but I have no record of your car.

Posted on: 2019/8/8 16:46
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved