Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wipers Working! but catching pillar
Home away from home
Home away from home

PennyPackard
See User information
Got my wipers wiping well now that I put on a set of Trico classic 11 blades. The only issue is that they seem to catch the rubber windscreen weatherstripping on the A pillar and catch, which both prevents them from continuing and slowly scuffs up the rubber which I'm sure will chip away at it over time. Any adjustment I can make to stop this?

Tried to post a video of the wiping but doesn't seem to be allowed or it's too big.

Thank you!

Posted on: 2019/8/30 16:02
 Top  Print 

Re: Wipers Working! but catching pillar
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Assuming the cables and mechanisms are all undamaged there is not a lot of adjustment possible. You might have a look at this bulletin issued for the 22nd series as it gives a procedure for making sure the cables are tensioned correctly.. It also gives some position guidelines and touches on how to reposition the blades on the mounting splines if the wiper blades are traveling over the weatherstrip.http://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/STB/47T-33.pdf

Posted on: 2019/8/30 16:35
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The adjustment is via the positioning of the arm on the hub.

Posted on: 2019/8/30 17:27
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PennyPackard
See User information
I'll take a look at the wires and maybe see if I can adjust the positioning on the hub for the blade arms. If there's no other adjustment, maybe someone tried running them under snow or something and they shifted on their mount. I suppose I could also bend things or try trimming the wiper blade metal housing as a last resort.

Posted on: 2019/8/30 18:41
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
The wipers are going to rotate through a definite arc determined by the wiper motor and the the cable drives.

The question then is how far down the blades come as they approach the cowl. On your car they should come within 1/2 inch or so of the molding while running and should park tight and parallel to the molding. Pull your arms off, park the wipers then press the arms back on to have them touch the rubber at the cowl. If you get that right the A pillar should be OK though they always did run close.

Posted on: 2019/8/31 6:12
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved