Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

Frogmagic, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Hope it gets rescued
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Quote:

JD in KC wrote:
I've always wanted to swap the body of a Station Sedan onto the frame and front clip of a 22nd/23rd Series Custom or 23rd Series Super Deluxe. I think the result of the extra 7 inches and egg crate grill would look really nice. I agree with 'Owen_Dyneto' that the subject Station Sedan is at best a parts car. Here's a photoshopped version of what I'd like to see for real.

This was done by somebody on the West Coast, possibly Norcal many years ago and was a very attractive vehicle.

Posted on: 2019/9/16 23:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Seems like there is a green wagon in the Citizens Motor Company/Dayton, OH collection with an extended front clip from a Super. Gives the car the longer sleeker appearance discussed. Anyone have a photo?

Posted on: 2019/9/17 2:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Photo on their website:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=citizens+motorcar+company&qs=AS&pq=citizens+motor&sc=5-14&cvid=053FB877E17B4C79A42936064D5EF4D0&FORM=QBLH&sp=1

Posted on: 2019/9/17 3:05
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Yes, I've seen photos of that one. It's got the extra 7 inches but I would keep all the woodwork, leave off the 23rd series side stainless, and use a 22nd series Custom grill and surrounding chrome that wraps to the wheel well. I'd also use the cloisonne hubcaps and 22nd series tail lights.

Attach file:

jpg  (105.20 KB)
188_5d80eedc53698.jpg 1000X750 px

Posted on: 2019/9/17 9:34
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved