Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 112

pmhowe, Bob J, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Revulcanizing Transmission Mounts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Hello All,

Does anyone have a recommendation for revulcanizing the transmission mounts for a 1937 One Twenty?

Thanks,

Dezi

Posted on: 2019/9/18 15:45
 Top  Print 

Re: Revulcanizing Transmission Mounts
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Options are probably limited but Steel offers the service by sending in your old mountshttps://www.steelerubber.com/motor-mount-service-30-0315-11 and Kanter has exchange mounts sold in pairs which he has placed in Gr 5.16005 listed right after the Gr 3. trans parts.https://www.kanter.com/packard/pac-120.html If current, Kanters price for the exchange pair is less.

At one time Max offered the products in Steele's Packard catalog at a slight discount from published prices but I don't know if that is still happening or if the vulcanization service would be included.

Posted on: 2019/9/18 16:26
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Thanks Howard. I called Kanter and they are a little higher priced now. I will try Steele and see what they say. The link say 3 weeks turnaround. Also, Max Merritt offers them at the same price as Steele so I will call them. I had no idea they would be this pricey.

Posted on: 2019/9/18 16:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Pack120C
It would depend on the condition of the old mount, but if it has just separated from the metal, there are some excellent cold bond rubber adhesives out there. We used Tip-Top 2000, a 2-part adhesive back when I was 'in the biz' and one would just rough up the metal with a coarse grinding disc, do the same with the rubber, cold bond them together and, after 24 hours cure time, you would have to shave the rubber off the metal with a chisel to remove it. We did different mounts for customers with no come-backs. A quart of rubber glue and a bottle of hardener should still be well under $100.
Not sure what tossing them in an autoclave at Steele costs, but I would imagine fairly pricey... Just a suggestion. If the rubber part of your mounts is badly degraded, then obviously, this is not an option. Chris.

Posted on: 2019/9/19 1:15
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved