Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 148

DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 1949 Packard should i pull the trigger
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Hemmings online ads are always a good place to look for a car. Currently there is a 22nd Custom and a 23rd Deluxe, and there may be more. Check it out.

Posted on: 2019/11/6 10:46
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Another accumulation of cars for sale:

www.classiccars.com

Good luck.

Posted on: 2019/11/6 10:59
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ray Allegrezza
See User information
Thank you, Steve, and everyone, who weighed in. Sometimes grown men (me)act like toddlers when they think with their hearts vs their heads. you are right. for the time being, i will enjoy the 200 and keep looking for the right car. thanks again!!

Posted on: 2019/11/7 7:42
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

MJG
See User information
I think you are being a bit hard on yourself. You are clearly smitten by the design and like the lines like many of us do. My suggestion to you would be to educate yourself in advance of this purchase. You appear to have gone into this not knowing much about these cars. That car had a decent amount of money put into it amounting to a lot of sunk cost and sadly it needs a complete redo. You need to get yourself to the level where your coworkers who know nothing about Packards think you're an expert on these models. Armed with that knowledge and supplementary help here you'll make a much better choice. I would wait for one in your backyard; these aren't terribly rare in sedan form and the south yields some nice solid examples. Find one within a day's drive, cash-in-hand and trailer/drive it home yourself. Your appetite seems to align with either a well preserved original or maintained, older restoration.

Posted on: 2019/11/7 12:03
1948 Custom Eight Victoria Convertible
Others:
1941 Cadillac Series 62 Deluxe Convertible Coupe
1956 Oldsmobile 88 Sedan
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ray Allegrezza
See User information
you are right on the money. patience, and study are the keys here and i intend to pursue both. I do hope to find something mostly done, and done correctly because at 70, i can't do what I could at 50, lol. thanks again to all for the good advice.

Posted on: 2019/11/9 7:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Deskdriver
See User information
Hi Ray,
Guess it was a good thing that you didn't get the '49 Packard you had an eye on. I take Craigslist with a tablespoon of salt, there are a lot of flakes and not to mention scammers.

Every morning, I check eBay for Packards to see what's out there. Below is a link to a beautiful '50 2 door. The price is higher than what you might have paid for the '49. However, you might do some homework (check Hagerty) and make an offer on the '50. At least you have a dealer to fall back on.

Anyway, take a look.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-Packard-Eight-Deluxe/283408489584?hash=item41fc765c70:g:ejQAAOSwwc1dBZ3o

Barry

ps I don't own this car and not affiliated with the dealer in any way.

Posted on: 2019/11/9 19:49
[url=http://packardinf
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ray Allegrezza
See User information
thank you, Barry. i will check out the ebay listing right now. thanks again, Ray

Posted on: 2019/11/11 6:26
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved