Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
29 user(s) are online (17 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 28

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 29 dome light wiring
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
According to the A.E.A. 1929 8 cyl drawing available on the PAC site the cigar lighter is powered from the fuse block assy and is connected to the same terminal that powers the headlight switch. Cigar lighter gets power all the time. The dome light uses the cigar lighter terminal as a tie point and gets its power from there so it too would be powered all the time. Power path is from the battery, thru ammeter, to input of fuse block, thru fuse or emergency resistance wire to the exit terminal on fuse block and then to cigar lighter and headlight switch.

I guess the next step would be to trace the wire from the cigar lighter and see where it is (or is not) presently connected. If the head lights or other lights are working then the fuse or the holder assy should be good and apparently someone has chosen the wrong spot or else the wire is not hooked up.

Attach file:

jpg  (153.66 KB)
209_5dd0162873245.jpg 1132X1476 px

Posted on: 2019/11/16 10:30
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Download wiring diagrams and look at page 2 this PDF on. I know it is for a later series, but it looks like the dome light is associated with the headlight switch.

Posted on: 2019/11/16 15:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Greenfield
See User information
Heads up -- wiring diagrams are available on packardclub.org

On the left side of the screen, scroll to "library" and you'll see the reference to the wiring diagrams.

Posted on: 2019/11/17 10:39
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Henry,
for persevering and including your '29 Standard Eight Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry, it looks great!

Posted on: 2019/11/19 15:13
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

henryh
See User information
I have the wiring diagram (schematic) what I can't find is the wire at the fuse block. I'll try to trace it under the carpet from the cigar lighter. I also can't figure out how to replace the dome light bulb if that becomes necessary. I was hoping that someone has one apart and can give me a clue as to how to do that without damage to the head liner.

Posted on: 2019/11/20 12:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
On my '32 the cover snaps on & off. Also, the dome light wiring is in a armor cable that runs along on the inside frame on the drivers side. It comes up through the wood sill and runs underneath the curved metal of the C Pillar (CP). It run up along the CP to a junction where it is split to allow a hot lead to go to the CP door switch (CPS) and another one to continue up the CP. The output side of the CPS with the other wire from the junction continue up the CP. These two wires are attached to the wood headliner bow that sits in line with the right/left side CP's. Half way across the headliner the wire from the left side CPS there is a junction with a wire going to the dome light and another going to a slide switch on the B Pillar (BP).

Both Cigar Lighters (CL)are powered from an non-fused armored wire that run on the inside right frame. Underneath the Right CP there is a junction where one side goes up through the wood sill and the other underneath the floor pan the to left side of the car. Both ends go wood sill on their respective side and run underneath the metal that covers the wood that is formed over the wheel well. Since this wire was not fused, I added a 10 amp fuse to the CL wire right before the junction.

Attach file:

jpg  (153.64 KB)
1063_5dd9b22f2ef17.jpg 1475X1920 px

Posted on: 2019/11/23 17:27
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved