Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 154

JW49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Shout Out to Jason at AER
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pat and Melanie Westerkamp
See User information
Attached are pics of the completely restored starter, generator and VR, and distributor. All bad and wear parts have been replaced along with all the questionable parts as well. All parts have been cleaned bead blasted and powder coated and they look awesome!!!!. All Parts have been bench tested and setup/adjusted for optimal performance.

Great Job Jason!!

Attach file:

jpg  (27.23 KB)
167108_5dd6be923aa32.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (22.34 KB)
167108_5dd6bea758a65.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (22.72 KB)
167108_5dd6beb8b36cd.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2019/11/21 11:43

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print 

Re: Shout Out to Jason at AER
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Looks great, Pat! Chris

Posted on: 2019/11/21 13:39
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Does look good. Is Jason still by himself and was the turn around long?

Posted on: 2019/11/21 13:46
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I just had a distributor for a 1953 Hudson Hornet done by Jason. Workmanship impeccable and of course it performed perfectly, delivery about 6 months.

Posted on: 2019/11/21 14:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Yes he is and yes it is.....sometimes quality is worth waiting for, but if you have an emergency there may be others that might be able to have a shorter might have a shorter turn around, but i doubt it. Im still waiting for my dash cluster to be finished and its over a year at this point from a different vendor.....not sure the quality sacrifice would be worth it, the list of stuff he did to my parts was pretty impressive, he had the vacuum advance rebuilt and re-coated to look new original, new armature, bearings, oil cups.....the list goes on and on

Posted on: 2019/11/21 15:34

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Very, very good. This should be part of any engine rebuild. People rebuild an engine down to the the half-thousandth on everything, but don't rebuild these items. They are as worn out as the engine is! (cue analogy of showering and putting your stanky underwear back on).

Posted on: 2019/11/22 18:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

MrPushbutton wrote:
Very, very good. This should be part of any engine rebuild. People rebuild an engine down to the the half-thousandth on everything, but don't rebuild these items. They are as worn out as the engine is! (cue analogy of showering and putting your stanky underwear back on).

Pushbutton love your analogy made me laugh, I agree these are the basics of not breaking down or being stranded some where.........next are the brakes and a complete rewire.

The one thing that intimidates me that i have coming up as well is the column shift, it was real sloppy and pretty hard to find the gears. there is a piece of garden hose (i think) wedged between the column and the shift tube in the engine bay.....maybe to stop rattling or to not let the shifter fall out of gear???

Posted on: 2019/11/23 0:30

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

Chevmn56 wrote:
Quote:

MrPushbutton wrote:

Pushbutton love your analogy made me laugh, I agree these are the basics of not breaking down or being stranded some where.........next are the brakes and a complete rewire.

The one thing that intimidates me that i have coming up as well is the column shift, it was real sloppy and pretty hard to find the gears. there is a piece of garden hose (i think) wedged between the column and the shift tube in the engine bay.....maybe to stop rattling or to not let the shifter fall out of gear???

Pat,

Way to go, it works!

Posted on: 2019/11/23 1:57
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The prewar linkage was apparently prone to many issues and if you go thru the service letters several suggestions and a couple of retrofit components are mentioned. Bushings at various rod ends in particular were a source of problems. Original rubber encased bushings on the shift rods were replaced with solid steel because of the rubber deteriorating and causing lock up issues. As to the garden hose, either noise or action is a possibility. The spring loaded rod going down the center of the shift tube that moves the tongue which selects a shift lever has rubber antivibration bushings in about 3 places. It is possible one or more of the bushings has deteriorated and the rod is vibrating or buzzing inside the shift tube. The garden hose could just be there to muffle the sound.

Posted on: 2019/11/23 10:31
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Ozstatman wrote:
Quote:

Chevmn56 wrote:
Quote:

MrPushbutton wrote:

Pat,

Way to go, it works!

LMAO who says you cant teach old dogs new tricks!!!

Posted on: 2019/11/24 9:47

Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved