The Most Comprehensive Free Online Reference for Packard Owners
Become a member of Packard Motor Car Information, right now! (it's free)
Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who's Online
46 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Packard Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 46

more...

(1) 2 »

Shout Out to Jason at AER
Home away from home
From Salt Lake City, Utah
Attached are pics of the completely restored starter, generator and VR, and distributor. All bad and wear parts have been replaced along with all the questionable parts as well. All parts have been cleaned bead blasted and powder coated and they look awesome!!!!. All Parts have been bench tested and setup/adjusted for optimal performance.

Great Job Jason!!

Attach file:

jpg  Dist.jpg (58.29 KB)
167108_5dd6be923aa32.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  Packard Generator and VR.jpg (49.26 KB)
167108_5dd6bea758a65.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  Packard Starter.jpg (51.59 KB)
167108_5dd6beb8b36cd.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 11/21 8:43:40

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Shout Out to Jason at AER
Home away from home
From Coalmont, B.C., Canada
Looks great, Pat! Chris

Posted on: 11/21 10:39:03

1939 Six, Model 1700

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=1823

Forum Ambassador
From Fresno CA
Does look good. Is Jason still by himself and was the turn around long?

Posted on: 11/21 10:46:12

Forum Ambassador
From New Jersey
I just had a distributor for a 1953 Hudson Hornet done by Jason. Workmanship impeccable and of course it performed perfectly, delivery about 6 months.

Posted on: 11/21 11:39:06

Home away from home
Yes he is and yes it is.....sometimes quality is worth waiting for, but if you have an emergency there may be others that might be able to have a shorter might have a shorter turn around, but i doubt it. Im still waiting for my dash cluster to be finished and its over a year at this point from a different vendor.....not sure the quality sacrifice would be worth it, the list of stuff he did to my parts was pretty impressive, he had the vacuum advance rebuilt and re-coated to look new original, new armature, bearings, oil cups.....the list goes on and on

Posted on: 11/21 12:34:33

Forum Ambassador
From Deee-troit
Very, very good. This should be part of any engine rebuild. People rebuild an engine down to the the half-thousandth on everything, but don't rebuild these items. They are as worn out as the engine is! (cue analogy of showering and putting your stanky underwear back on).

Posted on: 11/22 15:29:10

Home away from home
Quote:

MrPushbutton wrote:
Very, very good. This should be part of any engine rebuild. People rebuild an engine down to the the half-thousandth on everything, but don't rebuild these items. They are as worn out as the engine is! (cue analogy of showering and putting your stanky underwear back on).

Pushbutton love your analogy made me laugh, I agree these are the basics of not breaking down or being stranded some where.........next are the brakes and a complete rewire.

The one thing that intimidates me that i have coming up as well is the column shift, it was real sloppy and pretty hard to find the gears. there is a piece of garden hose (i think) wedged between the column and the shift tube in the engine bay.....maybe to stop rattling or to not let the shifter fall out of gear???

Posted on: 11/22 21:30:11

Forum Ambassador
From Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
Quote:

Chevmn56 wrote:
Quote:

MrPushbutton wrote:

Pushbutton love your analogy made me laugh, I agree these are the basics of not breaking down or being stranded some where.........next are the brakes and a complete rewire.

The one thing that intimidates me that i have coming up as well is the column shift, it was real sloppy and pretty hard to find the gears. there is a piece of garden hose (i think) wedged between the column and the shift tube in the engine bay.....maybe to stop rattling or to not let the shifter fall out of gear???

Pat,

Way to go, it works!

Posted on: 11/22 22:57:51

"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

'38 Eight Sedan 38's are great! (Sold July 2009)
'41 120 Club Coupe 41's the One! (Sold October 2017)
'48 2222 "Almost" Rolling Limo Chassis and Engine (Sold Sept 2019)
'50 Eight Touring Sedan

Project Blogs:
'41 120 Club Coupe - Locked
Wade's Workshop - Locked
'50 Eight Touring Sedan

What's this? >>>>>> FAQ - Add your Packard to the Owners Registry

Forum Ambassador
From Fresno CA
The prewar linkage was apparently prone to many issues and if you go thru the service letters several suggestions and a couple of retrofit components are mentioned. Bushings at various rod ends in particular were a source of problems. Original rubber encased bushings on the shift rods were replaced with solid steel because of the rubber deteriorating and causing lock up issues. As to the garden hose, either noise or action is a possibility. The spring loaded rod going down the center of the shift tube that moves the tongue which selects a shift lever has rubber antivibration bushings in about 3 places. It is possible one or more of the bushings has deteriorated and the rod is vibrating or buzzing inside the shift tube. The garden hose could just be there to muffle the sound.

Posted on: 11/23 7:31:37

Home away from home
Quote:

Ozstatman wrote:
Quote:

Chevmn56 wrote:
Quote:

MrPushbutton wrote:

Pat,

Way to go, it works!

LMAO who says you cant teach old dogs new tricks!!!

Posted on: 11/24 6:47:41

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Search
Recent Photos
1936 120 (2019/11/26)
1936 120
1680 1120 (2019/11/2)
1680  1120
1680 x 1120 (2019/11/2)
1680 x 1120
56 Exewcutive Light Painting ... (2019/10/24)
56 Exewcutive Light Painting ...
56 Exewcutive Light Painting ... (2019/10/24)
56 Exewcutive Light Painting ...
Random Photo
IMG_1775
Helping Out
PackardInfo is supported and funded by user donations. If you would to help out by either donating content, or funds to help with the upkeep and hosting of this site please EMAIL ME or click on the donate button.