Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
91 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Fuel Filter Rebuild Kit for 56 Clipper
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ken Hill
See User information
I'm looking for a rebuild kit for the fuel filter (see attached images) that is between the fuel pump and carburetor.

I'm also looking for the metal tubing that runs from the fuel pump to this fuel filter and then to the carburetor.

Attach file:

jpg  (381.45 KB)
1656_5e03f2a4acdf5.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (380.74 KB)
1656_5e03f2c9f1169.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2019/12/25 18:37
 Top  Print   

Re: Fuel Filter Rebuild Kit for 56 Clipper
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That does not look like the stock Packard filter but more like some kind of pressure regulator combination. It might have been a dealer installed aftermarket type item so you might need to determine what else it was used on to find a kit -- if any were even available. The stock filter just has a single all in one piece top casting with a replaceable ceramic element in the bowl held in position against the top casting by a spring. The casting routes the in flow directly into the glass bowl and fuel exits thru the element and back out the casting into the carb. A multi holed gasket to direct the fluid path lies between the bowl and casting.

Posted on: 2019/12/25 19:45
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved