Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
106 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Radio help
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Steve
See User information
Hi, I have a 55, super clipper, and would like to have a working radio, my car does not have the wonderbar radio, but I see many reproduction radios to replace the wonderbar. Does anyone know if the measurements are the same? 7 5/8" center to center and the face is 1 7/8" x 5 5/8" on the radio I have. I have converted the car to a negative ground system. Also, if getting mine overhauled is the only option, can anyone recommend someone? Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2020/3/5 12:04
 Top  Print 

Re: Radio help
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
55-6 Clipper and Packard used the same dash opening.

Here is a modern replacement for the Wonderbar that another owner used. It fits the opening but I think the knobs did or maybe still does need some work for a more factory blend to the rest of the dash. Not having seen the replacement radio personally, do not know if there are many options as far as shortening the shafts or if the stock Packard knobs can be made to fit but maybe worth looking at similar radios as far as size and space requirements.http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18148&forum=3&post_id=179930#forumpost179930

Posted on: 2020/3/5 12:17
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: Radio help
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Steve
See User information
I did see that! Thank you for sending that info, and clarifying the opening sizes. Can always return it if it didn't fit:)

Posted on: 2020/3/5 19:02
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved