Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
145 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 23 »

Re: Packard Trips
Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
I was out with Brand X this morning and finally encountered the ladies riding the horses again. I first spotted them on the 26Apr20 exercise of the '54 Cavalier. I had forgotten what they had said the breed was, and spent a good amount of time on the web trying to figure out what they might be. Today I asked the same question, with all of the apologies about memory including playing the age card. The answer is 'Gypsy Vanner' an original Irish/British breed that has only been in the USA for about 25 years. Today they were returning from putting the horses through some exercise including jumps! I must put that on the list of things to video. Ask the lady that owns one or two.

dp

Attach file:

jpg  (389.40 KB)
34287_5edd4c8982310.jpg 1920X1271 px

Posted on: 2020/6/7 15:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Well for dp...brand X is a Model A Ford. Both of us go back and forth between the 'People's Car' and the 'Car of the Well to do'.

These days the table has turned and the Packards like ours can often be less money than the comparable Model A Ford. Go figure!

Miss Prudence and I were out again,this morning, and a man at ACE Hardware insulted the poor old girl. He told me that 'Prudence had a rear end Bigger than the Crack of Dawn'! The poor old girl is now depressed and won't start unless I rub her steering wheel and talk to her...then she fires right up and is ready to go.

Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/6/7 17:27
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That guy sounds like a Tom McCahill clone. Maybe he's a relative or one of his former staffers. As I recall McCahill also had some choice comments and similar thoughts about the amount of metal used for the body mass and styling of the 22-23 models.

Poor Miss Prudence must surely be resigned by now to forever being thought of by some as the wallflower and not the belle of the ball. Maybe she will feel better if you buy her a can of scented polish or stop by the carwash for a new pine scented air freshener to adorn her mirror

Posted on: 2020/6/7 17:51
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Thanks, for the ride. Kind of got lost in the moment.
Wes

Posted on: 2020/6/8 16:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good afternoon Howard...I took your advice and purchased some interesting polish...which smells like Bananas! It's called Banana Magic and is made by Auto Magic...One of our neighbors uses it and his Mini it always has quite a shine. I set the bottle on Miss Prudence's hood to let her get used to the idea. I also left a drop on her dash board...now her interior has a definite banana fragrance! Thanks for the advice! Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/6/8 18:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Well, not my first trip of the season, but the first one with my camera. A friend has been on me for a ride, so I swung by and picked him up. I put him in the back seat so he could get the idea of being 'driven' and he espoused about the soft, quiet ride and the elegant details of the car the whole way with a non-stop stream of questions. I didn't mind, as he really loved the car. We drove to Otter Lake, which is in a beautiful valley in B.C.'s interior, and took a few pictures and headed back. My friend rode in the front on the way back, so he got the 'other' perspective, looking down the beak of the old girl. I think I might have turned the guy into a Packard fan!! Beautiful day for a drive, widows down, vent open and she ran like a top. And best of all, not a drip from the carburetor!!

Attach file:

jpg  (262.94 KB)
121627_5ee193169d1f0.jpg 1732X1154 px

jpg  (192.46 KB)
121627_5ee193334e9a2.jpg 1732X1154 px

Posted on: 2020/6/10 21:13
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning Newbie...Beautiful car. I believe these old girls know when they are loved and in many ways, they return the love...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/6/11 9:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Thank you Ernie. She certainly is an elegant old girl, and if she likes attention, she sure gets a lot from me!! Chris.

Posted on: 2020/6/11 10:11
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A fine-looking Packard, Chris. Congrats!

Dave

Posted on: 2020/6/11 18:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Yours is a great looking Packard. It shows pride of ownership. I drove a 39 Six sedan in the first years of high school. It had a dark green exterior. The front end was damaged (not me) and hood and fenders from a 40 fitted. We called it the Thirty-nine and a half.

Posted on: 2020/6/12 11:21
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 23 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved