Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

r1lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

Re: Corona
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I'm sure one of the reasons for the sudden national emergency declaration is because the for profit public health be damned hospitals informed the government that dead bodies don't pay bills. It's the old mafia attitude that you can't get any tribute out of a dead body.

I notice all of the television commercials for senior citizen burial life insurance have been taken off the air as well. Those companies are going to take a big hit for sure.

Posted on: 2020/3/14 7:55
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Have to protect everybody.

Attach file:

jpg  (39.85 KB)
226_5e6da3e11997d.jpg 580X429 px

Posted on: 2020/3/14 22:41
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information

Attach file:

jpg  (28.89 KB)
757_5e6e1406142fb.jpg 704X500 px

Posted on: 2020/3/15 6:39
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
So much for the Pac meet.

The land of idiots.. Have locked down the state.

The state who has allowed anyone in this state.

No planning. Businesses were left in the dark. They should of been told months ago. To double or more there stock.

This isn't going away ..its here.

Just like Aids.

They are nothing even trying to investigate where it's coming from.

Where did Obama's mideast invaders go. Washington State. California.. Midwest.

That's it for my rant.

Except. Stores should stay open 24 hours to spread people. Not close early.

They don't want groups. So there is a line outside...go figure. Let people in morons...

Posted on: 2020/3/21 3:07
Riki
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I wonder why Rod Sirling missed this one. People running around buying toilet paper as if it were water in the desert.

The fundamentals of the stock market are where they were in 1929 so I was expecting a crash.

It will take a long time for consumer staples to get back to normal, but there will be an inflationary spike that will prove permanent. The economists will deny it because they are crooks not scholars. The politicians will say America is greater than ever amid the collapse. In the mean time consumer goods production will not increase because that makes no economic sense.

This toilet paper and bread hoarding makes no sense. Just like the stock market.

Posted on: 2020/3/21 11:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Tim Cole wrote:
I wonder why Rod Sirling missed this one. People running around buying toilet paper as if it were water in the desert.

The fundamentals of the stock market are where they were in 1929 so I was expecting a crash.

It will take a long time for consumer staples to get back to normal, but there will be an inflationary spike that will prove permanent. The economists will deny it because they are crooks not scholars. The politicians will say America is greater than ever amid the collapse. In the mean time consumer goods production will not increase because that makes no economic sense.

This toilet paper and bread hoarding makes no sense. Just like the stock market.

Rod Serling-who I once met- didn't miss this one at all. In fact, several Twilight Zone episodes nailed it. But the one most appropriate in this case was entitled, "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street"...

Posted on: 2020/3/21 12:11
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
Just like Aids.

More like the flu which kills far more people than coronavirus does. Comparing to AIDS is like comparing apples to oranges.

Posted on: 2020/3/21 14:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
A few facts - not a rant...

The Packards International meet was cancelled last week, NOT the PAC National Meet (at least not yet - stay tuned, as this will be evaluated).

While PI sent emails informing members of the upcoming meet weeks and months ago, they did NOT inform any member that the meet was canceled (unless you were signed up to attend a tour, show a car, or sell parts). The phone calls went out Thursday, March 12 about the cancellation. Several members had already flown to California by this time. The website stated that the meet was canceled due to "Heavy Rain" - a few hours later it was changed to "With the concerns of the Corona Virus..."

As to "No planning," this virus hit the USA back in January. Certain federal officials did NOTHING to prepare.

Posted on: 2020/3/21 17:20
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
More like the flu which kills far more people than coronavirus does...

Far more? The current figures contradict this hypothesis. Italy counted 793 victims of Corona within the last 24 hours. Extrapolated on a year we get 289,445. Last year the flu killed around 50,000 people in Germany, a country with 20 percent more citizen and remarkable lower average temperatures than in Italy. Indulge me, when using a phrase known from Western movies but without severe countermeasures the elderly ones die like flies (or the Daily Telegraph, founded in 1855 in UK and valued for its international reputation for quality is a local rag).

Attach file:

jpg  (32.34 KB)
757_5e773f0a36395.jpg 500X375 px

Posted on: 2020/3/22 5:08
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I disagree. "Monsters on Maple Street" was a ripoff of The Crucible and a play on McCarthyism. If Sirling wrote a parable on influenza there would have been panic buying of cigarettes.

The correct way to refer to this corona thing is SARS Corona. The last SARS was killing both doctors, nurses, and patients so this thing is very serious.

My employer has begun shutting down. The reality is that, without initial containment to kill off the disease, everybody will eventually get this illness. The present government action is serving only to slow the spread and potential mutation to plague like manifestation. As well as a collapse of for profit medical care. Thus, ignore safety at your own peril.

Posted on: 2020/3/22 6:16
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved