Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
87 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 86

dick29, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: Synopsis of forces and events leading to '48-'50 styling
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mahoning63
See User information
Much has been made of Christopher's infamous "that G-D Senior stuff" in reference to the mid-late 30s traditional models. Looking at Dave's profit table the year's 1932-33 suggest a break-even of around 9200 vehicles. Given that the Seniors never reached that after 1933 and fell woefully short by 1938, my only complaint about Christopher's comment is that he didn't affix more expletives.

Posted on: 2020/3/26 17:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

MJG
See User information
So the 1946 operating loss continued to bother me... perhaps I am also tired of Coronavirus news. Last night I decided to do a Google search and see if I could find the annual reports to the shareholders and guess what? Found them right here! On page five you can read the financial review, an interesting read. Long and short 1946 saw tremendous issues with supplier shortages and strikes in those plants. The plant output which was only operating at 42% capacity (not how they stated it in the report) meant they had to absorb a lot more fixed cost per unit. In fact the loss from operations was significantly higher at $6.5M. They were able to offset it with revenue from subsidiaries and capitalizing on a NOL carryback (the IRS allows taxpayers to carry loses backwards a period of two years - still done present day). So they were able to carry back to offset 1944 income. There was also an adjustment of $2.9M in reserves set aside for wartime operations no longer needed.

Interesting to see these are here, highly recommended supplementary info to compliment Dave's file. Now back to present day realities...

Posted on: 2020/3/27 6:49
1948 Custom Eight Victoria Convertible
Others:
1941 Cadillac Series 62 Deluxe Convertible Coupe
1956 Oldsmobile 88 Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
This will wake you up:

The sheriff is dead. Two police officers are dead. The trains aren't running, the plants are shut down, the hospitals are over flowing. Employees at the SHAP plant have died.

I haven't gone out the front door since Monday, but have some mathematics to keep me occupied. As long as I don't get a fever or a dry cough I will enjoy my practice retirement.

Posted on: 2020/3/27 7:25
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved