Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
148 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Help identifying a 1941 part
Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
I had the 41 180 up on jack stands while I put on new front tires. When I went to lower the car, I heard something drop near the passenger front tire and I found this piece. I have looked in the parts list drawing of the front suspension and I don't find anything that looks like it could be this. That led me to think it might have dropped from higher up. Can anyone identify this for me?

Attach file:

jpg  (281.96 KB)
199039_5e835659070d7.jpg 1920X1920 px

Posted on: 2020/3/31 9:40
 Top  Print 

Re: Help identifying a 1941 part
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Once upon a time that was your rebound bumper which was to keep your upper shock arms from banging on the frame when the wheels dropped down.

Posted on: 2020/3/31 9:47
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Quote:

Ross wrote:
Once upon a time that was your rebound bumper which was to keep your upper shock arms from banging on the frame when the wheels dropped down.

If that's what this is from, it would only be the portion holding the rebound bumper onto the frame. The actual rebound bumper would be many times that size.

Here's the Steele Rubber reproduction
https://www.steelerubber.com/front-spring-bumper-30-0087-32

Posted on: 2020/3/31 14:56
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
Thank you so much. It does look the busted off bottom of the linked Steele part. If I am reading the Parts List illustration correctly, it looks like it would be #14.009. Since nothing is ever easy, assuming that is the part (the car is stored 10 miles away so I can't go out in the garage and check) how big a hassle should I be expecting trying to install a replacement?

Attach file:

pdf Size: 199.83 KB; Hits: 65

Posted on: 2020/3/31 18:35
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A little lubricant like liquid dish detergent and a little muscle and maybe 3 minutes is about what it should take.

Posted on: 2020/3/31 20:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
OK. So I should plan on a day and a half? LOL

Posted on: 2020/3/31 20:16
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved