Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Opinions
Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
Followed your idea about looking under name plates and under rubber . And it's the same under there also.
I've done the research on the owners back to the original owner. Who was quite wealthy. I'm starting to think he could have said. " love the car but not that color, let's paint it this" And away they went.
Knowing that it cost more than double of the cost of my folks first house. That might be a theory.

Posted on: 2020/4/6 15:18
1948 Custom Eight
1950 Super Eight Convertible
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
Thanks

Posted on: 2020/4/6 18:29
1948 Custom Eight
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
What colour is on the firewall in the engine Compartment?
This was painted body colour at the factory before any other items were added and would be very difficult to repaint completely without removing electrical accessories, wiring, etc.

Posted on: 2020/4/6 19:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
On all my Packards, the firewall had always been body color,

Posted on: 2020/4/6 20:40
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
Same color as the body

Posted on: 2020/4/7 6:58
1948 Custom Eight
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
The "dash 5" number on the plate indicates it's a '49 that was left over and sold as '50.
So check under the '49 paint codes also.

Most yellows fade, so unless it's been inside mostly, I doubt that is the original hue.
I guess I don't understand if you want to match the current color, paint original which probably won't match, or just trying to find out what color it might be?

Posted on: 2020/4/7 8:38
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Not quite so, Jim. The cars built as legitimate 1950 models also were marked with the -5-.

PS - if I interpret Bob Neal's book correctly, the car in question is not a renumbered leftover.

Posted on: 2020/4/7 8:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
I thought after getting a quote for the redo of the car I was interested in the paint color. I love the color it Is now and I won't change it as it is part of the reason I bought the car. But after looking at the paint charts I was totally confused on what it could be. Thanks for your information. Happy motoring.

Posted on: 2020/4/7 11:14
1948 Custom Eight
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Like 54Les suggested if you go to TCP Global's Auto Color Library I think you'll find that your current color maybe Corona Cream.

I've used TCP's products for years and have been very happy with the results. I know that at one time they bought PPG's paints in 50 gallon drums and repackaged. If you send them a item with you car's paint on, they will match for about $70. Their paint costs about two-thirds other major brands.

Posted on: 2020/4/7 11:26
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved