Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
78 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 77

Mike Chirco, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 packard 120 fenders
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

maurice desrosiers
See User information
good morning everybody i have chance to buy 1941 Packard 120 in pieces the old owner is sick and sell the car i would like to know if the front fenders with wells for side mounts are the same than my 1941 160 and 180 thank you

Posted on: 2020/4/8 8:19
 Top  Print   

Re: 1941 packard 120 fenders
Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
I don't think so because of the 160 and 180 longer wheelbase. Also the part numbers are different.

Posted on: 2020/4/8 8:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Agree since some of the difference in wheelbases were ahead of the cowl. You might measure your fenders from headlight bucket to cowl and ask the seller to measure the 120 fender. The 120 has a 127 wheelbase and some models of the 160 on the 1903 chassis also shared that same wheelbase. The fenders might fit on those models but there could be other more subtle differences which might make it a non starter or would require bodywork. Buying for a 160 or 180 on a chassis other than the 1903 and they possibly would not fit.

Posted on: 2020/4/8 9:15
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
The fenders of a 110 and a 120 are not the same because the difference in wheelbase is in front of the cowl, as stated. The 1903 and 120 may well be the same as the wheelbases are the same. Some or all of the 1904 difference in wb is behind the cowl - the door sills are not interchangeable.

So there is a good chance that the fenders will work on 120-160-180 (non Darrin/LeBaron) Remember than more than just the welled fenders are needed - wheel carriers, different springs, and one of the fender spears I believe may be different because of the well. I'm willing to learn differently

A 1903 hood is 66 1/4" from bottom of windshield V to front top center. Anybody have the same measurement for a 120 or longer wb 160/180? If the same it is a high probability the front clips are the same.

Posted on: 2020/4/8 12:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Believe 120 front fenders are interchangeable with 160 and 180 front fenders, with or without sidemounts. Because the wheelbase is the same, except for extended w/b cars, at 127" while 110's are on a 122" wheelbase. The extra length is all in the front of the bigger cars.

Plus, a quick read of the Fenders and Running Board section of the 35-41 Parts List(Available for free download in the Literature and Manuals section here on Site) confirms the same fenders are used on 1901->1908 chassis, ie 120's, 160's and 180's.

Posted on: 2020/4/8 14:59
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
There were no sidemounts available for the 110 but even if the fenders are the same length, the wells themselves might be wider on the 160/180 due to larger tires. Not sure but something to look at.

That said, it might not be a bad idea to get them anyway in case someone else needs them!

Posted on: 2020/4/8 19:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Excellent point on the wells, Don. While one might think that Packard would commonize the parts, ...

I think the factory metal covers are all the same, so they would be sized to fit the largest case - the Senior wheels in 16" size. These wheels, with radials, just fit. The wider post-war wheels do not fit (gee, wonder how I found that out).

A contingency plan, if the wells are too skinny but the fenders OK, could be to use Junior wheels in the spares. Junior wheels are much easier to find anyway.

Posted on: 2020/4/9 8:14
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved