Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

'37 120 Clock installation
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
Does anyone have information on how the clock mechanism is fastened to the case which is then attached to the glove box front. I have that last part, but cannot seem to locate any means to attach the mechanism to the case. The shafts appear to be threaded, but I have tried machine screws from #2 to #4 and none seem to fit. I've tried to order #0 and #1 screws online, but cannot obtain them.
Thanks for any information you might be able to provide.

Posted on: 2020/4/11 12:32
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Re: '37 120 Clock installation
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

David
See User information
here what i have in a book ...

Attach file:

pdf Size: 68.36 KB; Hits: 260

Posted on: 2020/4/12 16:10
Daily Driving a 1937 115c TS
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
Thanks. This will be invaluable when I am ready to install the clock, which will hopefully be soon. Does your book also say what fasteners attach the clock mechanism to the case? I think there are 4 spots where it is attached.
Thanks, again.

Posted on: 2020/4/12 18:41
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

David
See User information
no that all it has about the clock...

Posted on: 2020/4/21 23:59
Daily Driving a 1937 115c TS
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Quote:

R Howe wrote:
Thanks. This will be invaluable when I am ready to install the clock, which will hopefully be soon. Does your book also say what fasteners attach the clock mechanism to the case? I think there are 4 spots where it is attached.
Thanks, again.

Packard Parts Manual (1935-1941), Group 10, section 10.038 lists Part 5310, Screw #8-32, x 1/4" round head. If you go to section 50.000 of the parts manual, it will give you more details.

I found this under the medallion section, but the medallion and clock mount in the same manner, and there is nothing in the "clock" section for hardware for the 120C.

The parts manual is a pain to decipher electronically (at least it is for me, I like regular books) but it is invaluable. Good luck!

Posted on: 2020/4/22 7:38
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
Thank you, and yes, the #8-32 x 1/4 will attach the clock case to the glove box front. But, the fasteners that actually hold the clock mechanism to the case, I truly think, are much, much smaller. I'll go back and verify this and then let you know what I find. Again, I thank you for this information and yes, I too, have some trouble deciphering the parts manual.

Posted on: 2020/4/22 9:49
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
All of your information has been great. Now, does anyone have information as to where the power wire and ground wire are attached. I see in my research that the ground should be attached to the case somewhere, but not so sure about the location of the power wire. Thanks again for all of your information.

Posted on: 2020/4/26 9:10
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Quote:

R Howe wrote:
Does anyone have information on how the clock mechanism is fastened to the case which is then attached to the glove box front. I have that last part, but cannot seem to locate any means to attach the mechanism to the case. The shafts appear to be threaded, but I have tried machine screws from #2 to #4 and none seem to fit. I've tried to order #0 and #1 screws online, but cannot obtain them.
Thanks for any information you might be able to provide.

If you look at the page Ramacuda posted, it discusses wiring the clock as well.

Posted on: 2020/4/26 9:48
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you are speaking of where the power wire mounts on the clock mechanism itself, there is usually a stud extending from the clock or if space is at a premium possibly a lower profile screw terminal. Either one is mounted in an insulating bushing on the back of the clock mechanism. Can't speak to 37 but on later clocks thru 47 the terminal is hidden and protected by a cover plate which is screwed onto the finished housing which holds the clock mechanism and mounts the assy to the glovebox door. If 37 had the illuminating light for the glovebox interior which turns on when the door opens, the bulb power wire also attaches to the same clock terminal.

Posted on: 2020/4/26 10:33
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
Thanks and yes it does tell me where the ends from the clock attach, but not where the wires themselves attach to the clock, unless I'm missing something here. I would like to see exactly where the wires attach so I don't cross something up and burn out the mechanism. Again, I do thank you for the information.

Posted on: 2020/4/26 11:46
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved