Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
139 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 136

BigKev, acolds, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: '37 120 Clock installation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Again, I do not know how similar 37 might be to later clocks but here is the electrical connection used in 20 and 21st Clippers. I believe it would be typical of most glovebox door mounted clocks although there could be some detail differences because of the different clock styles. If yours looks similar then the ground wire goes to the terminal which is pressed directly into the metal clock mechanism back and the power wire and light would go to the isolated terminal surrounded by the red (or maybe another color) fiber insulating material. If yours does not have a specific ground terminal the ground wire would go on one of the mounting screws or a screw that holds the clock mechanism into the overall mount.

Attach file:

jpeg  (167.51 KB)
209_5ea5c4bed11d4.jpeg 1280X951 px

jpeg  (206.49 KB)
209_5ea5c4cbcd897.jpeg 1280X1183 px

Posted on: 2020/4/26 12:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
FWIW Howard, Roger, that looks identical to my '39 setup. I know that's not '37, but close... Chris.

Posted on: 2020/4/26 12:58
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
Thanks, Howard. Yes, but as W. C. Fields would say, "close but no cigar!" Yours seems to be quite a bit easier to work with. I tried testing my clock and found that there is a major short circuit there somewhere. I will probably need to send it off to be restored. Again, thanks for the pics.

Posted on: 2020/4/26 13:36
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Roger, not sure if your remark was the result of my avatar (close, but no cigar) LOL, but if you're thinking of sending your clock for repair, these guys fixed my clock reasonably, and the first time.http://www.clockwks.com/The_Clock_Worx.html
There are others out there who purport to repair vintage car clocks, but fail miserably. Be careful when selecting a repair shop. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/4/26 19:49
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
Thanks, Chris. I'll definitely take your advice on this one.

Posted on: 2020/4/27 10:06
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved